Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Bug bite or??? Please help!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yesterday my daughter had an itchy spot show up on her leg. I figured it was a mosquito bite and didn't think much of it.

Today she broke out in some minor hives on her arm. Shortly after we got them under control she fell asleep. While she was sleeping I noticed another spot on her wrist, near where she had the hives. That made me think of the one on her leg and I double checked that one. 

The one on her leg is pretty big now, about the size of a gold ball around, but it is pretty much flat aside from a very small bump in the middle. The one on the wrist has a larger welt in the middle and is smaller around but still looks very similar. 

I had a very hard time getting a pic of the one on her leg and even the pics of the one on her arm aren't great, but they will give you an idea. 

Does anyone know what this might be? This is the one on her leg:

And the one on her wrist with the flash on:

and with the flash off:

They are both slightly warm to the touch and she complains sometimes that they itch, but not always.

I already called her dr. They said to keep an eye on it and that's it. Any other idea?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steffielou_who
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Looks like bug bites.. Mosquitos, probably.. My oldest boys look just like that..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I have one on my leg like that right now.  I'm pretty sure it was a spider bite.  I had called the nurse and was told not to worry about it being warm to the touch and take some benadryl to help with the itching, because hydrocortizone wasn't helping.  It is now starting to go down but I have had it about a week. 

tanya_marieh
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Oh and your best bet will be the dr, because I don't know how old your lo is and benadryl probably might not be the best idea for a lo.

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I have one on my leg like that right now.  I'm pretty sure it was a spider bite.  I had called the nurse and was told not to worry about it being warm to the touch and take some benadryl to help with the itching, because hydrocortizone wasn't helping.  It is now starting to go down but I have had it about a week. 

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

tanya_marieh
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Oh and if it iches icing it for a few min. will help calm it down.

marchantmom06
by on May. 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Spider bite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN