Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fathers Day Ideas

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all!  I am new to this group - my name is Alicia and I am a new mom to a 9-month old baby girl named, Grace.

This will be my husband's first fathers day, and I would love to make it special for him.  I am not very creative....so I am wondering if you all have any ideas or if you'd like to share your plans?  Thanks!

by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
3_cookies
by on May. 28, 2012 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
On my dh's first fathers day I bought him the most awful tie and coffee cup. In the card I wrote "here is to years of horrid gifts, but an overwhelming amount of joy. Enjoy your first ugly tie and cup, next year its all her". And honestly the last five years have been filled with sweet moments, but terrible child chosen gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MGAJ
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:09 AM

LOL - love it!

Nursesummer
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe something like a framed pic of his hand print and your dd's handprint/footprint. Or maybe just hers. or a special pic of the both of them.
I write a letter from 'dd' to so every year. I tell him in what I imagine in her words how much she loves him and how much he helps her. He loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by on May. 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM
That's awesome!!

Quoting 3_cookies:

On my dh's first fathers day I bought him the most awful tie and coffee cup. In the card I wrote "here is to years of horrid gifts, but an overwhelming amount of joy. Enjoy your first ugly tie and cup, next year its all her". And honestly the last five years have been filled with sweet moments, but terrible child chosen gifts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I created a card on shutterfly.com two years ago. I'm going to do that again this year. I'll let dd pick a gift for him, and maybe get some of his favorite candies. I'll also make him his favorite dish (chicken pot pie.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured