Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was i being too hard

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM
  • 36 Replies

So i have a friend that has a DS around my sons age. so we went over for dinner tonight and while we were there the boys kept fighting over everything....well at one point the boys were puncing each other and her son "got hurt" and started crying...so i walked over and told my son he needed to apologize and my friend started telling me "No Jaime its fine he doesnt need to do that they were both hitting each other and my son got hurt first" I didnt say anything to her I continued with what I was doing and my son apologized. Now I am not saying she is a bad parent or person but she lets her son do what ever with rare disipline. while I on the other hand seem to always be correcting my son. Well we started getting ready to leave and my son again hurt hers but pinching his face. Again I made my son apologize, thank the little boy for letting him play and I said my goodbyes. I felt at that point my son was getting restless and mean and I didnt want to do anymore damage. I apologized to the mother about both incidents and it seemed like she didnt really care....not that I wanted her to be mad but i just wasnt expecting that type of reaction....Am I being to hard on my DS????

oh ya BTW my son is 2 and hers will be 2 in Sept. 

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Not at all! You're teaching him the right way to behave. I always make my son apologize if he hurts anyone or does anything out of line regardless. It's okay if she isn't disciplining her son but you do what you feel is right in parenting your child.

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you're being too hard on your son. You're teaching him to be kind to others, that his actions have consequences, and that apologies are in order if he hurts someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM

no but some kids are just more used to be roughed up too. My daughter loves to rough house , I dont allow her to do it with other people children but mine rough each other up like that quite a bit an there is age difference between them BUT you would be surprised what happens that you dont see  :O) I recently caught my 18 month old pulling my 4 year old to the floor by her hair. So while her son may have been crying he may have done something mean first lol. Yes you should correct them but some times you have to let kids be kids. But that is just me and my experiences lol. but I def wouldnt stop just because she said it was okay decipline you child how you feel right.

catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM
As a parent, you have to do your best to discipline your child. As an adult, you have to realize there are as many different parenting styles as there are parents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Quoting raegan1221:

Not at all! You're teaching him the right way to behave. I always make my son apologize if he hurts anyone or does anything out of line regardless. It's okay if she isn't disciplining her son but you do what you feel is right in parenting your child.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM

no, you are doing what you feel is right and thats all you need to worry about.  good for you for making him apoligize tho!  :)

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Wow, if I saw two kids acting like that in a restraunt I would be shocked. I don't think I have ever seen parents LET their kids punch each other and not do something. She is crazy to let that happen and not want to correct the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
They shouldnt be punching eachothers faces my kid would be in trouble . U did the right thing !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM

This...

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Wow, if I saw two kids acting like that in a restraunt I would be shocked. I don't think I have ever seen parents LET their kids punch each other and not do something. She is crazy to let that happen and not want to correct the situation.

LilDzMamma2010
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
We were at her house not a resturaunt

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured