Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Peanut Butter "to go"?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 24 Replies

I just saw an ad for a peanut butter to go. It comes in small containers, and you can dip it out with your dipper of choice. I think I like this idea. It wouldn't spill, it would keep, doesn't need to be heated.  A problem is that it is yet another small package to go into the landfills.  Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts- will you try it?  It sounds like something to have in the pantry and grab when you need a quick meal.

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I haven't tried them.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM
4 moms liked this
I put peanut butter in a small Tupperware for dd to dip apples and carrots in. I'm not going to buy little packages. Too much trash, too expensive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyperMom38
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

No, I have not tried this yet nor will I.  Watch the price per ounce- you will be paying a lot more because of all the extra packaging.  Really, peanut butter jars aren't that big that they aren't handy anyways.

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM
This - we never by "portion sizes". We go big and portion it ourselves.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I put peanut butter in a small Tupperware for dd to dip apples and carrots in. I'm not going to buy little packages. Too much trash, too expensive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Good point.  I don't work outside the home anymore, but when I did, individual portions were a convenience. But really, peanut butter? Easy to portion myself.

Quoting mom2cindylouwho:

This - we never by "portion sizes". We go big and portion it ourselves.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Mamie_85
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Why not just put pb into little tupperware containers? We don't buy pb anymore, but that's what I would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I would just buy the tiny containers and make them with our peanut butter. But ours needs refriderated, so  I don't know how long it would be okay for. 

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah.  And usually if I want PB for lunch I put it on crackers or bread anyway and don't dip it.  Oh well,  when I saw the ad I thought, hey! Something new that I might actually use from time to time, but you are right.  Must be a good ad. :)

Quoting Mamie_85:

Why not just put pb into little tupperware containers? We don't buy pb anymore, but that's what I would do.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I have some cool tiny tupperware containers.  I'd probably feel better about the environment if I used these instead of buying the single use containers.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I would just buy the tiny containers and make them with our peanut butter. But ours needs refriderated, so  I don't know how long it would be okay for. 

Mamie_85
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM
We use almond butter, which also needs refrigeration. That's why I couldn't do it.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN