Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Chamamile tea??? is this good for my daughter?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 13 Replies
Someone reccomended that i use chamamile tea instead of her nursery water with her formula. has anyone else ever heard of this home remedy??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyakabooby
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Nope, never heard of it. How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyakabooby
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, so I googled it! Lol! They say to use a couple of teaspoons of chamomile tea in the bottle to help with colic. I don't see where that would hurt, chamomile is a gentle herb. You should ask the dr first though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberj88
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I've never heard of that but the teething gel i give my son has chamomile in it. It really jelps him relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorgansMomKesh
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
shes gonna be 4 months on the 13th of this month

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Nope, never heard of it. How old is she?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikadi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM

No and I am not so sure about that. Maybe you can have her bottles be more room temp.

Poohy1975
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I LOVE it but didn't even offer it to my daughter till last year,she's 14 years old. Even though it's a natural herb it can be addictive. Because of the relaxing components in it.

TeaHound
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting Poohy1975:

I LOVE it but didn't even offer it to my daughter till last year,she's 14 years old. Even though it's a natural herb it can be addictive. Because of the relaxing components in it.

I have NEVER heard of this.  Wow!  I feel like I've been living under a rock.

I gave it to my oldest a couple of times; fussy, probably teething, but I never heard of it being addictive.  Wow!!!

I just googled "chamomile tea addictive" and all I found is that it's not chemically addictive, but if you have an addictive personality, you can become addicted to anything.  (I also saw something about people smoking chamomile tea leaves???)  Anyway...

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM

hmm, i have never heard of that. i think it would be something i asked my doctor first, before giving my dd that. 

Poohy1975
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

My cousins daughter became addicted to it. She was 3 when she started drinking her moms. She's 19 now and can't fall asleep without it.

Quoting TeaHound:

Quoting Poohy1975:

I have NEVER heard of this.  Wow!  I feel like I've been living under a rock.

I gave it to my oldest a couple of times; fussy, probably teething, but I never heard of it being addictive.  Wow!!!

I just googled "chamomile tea addictive" and all I found is that it's not chemically addictive, but if you have an addictive personality, you can become addicted to anything.  (I also saw something about people smoking chamomile tea leaves???)  Anyway...

Jeni1124
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I give it to my daughter sometimes when she's having trouble falling asleep if she's sick. Started at about 2 years old. I don't think I'd do it that young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)