Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I am making my sick over my situation, any advice would help...

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 9 Replies
Iam a 1st time grammy, & have had a hard enough time knowing my grandson lives so far away, & was quite excited just to get pics. over my phone & listen & talk to him over the phone. My grandson just turned 1 y.o. 6/6/2012 , about 2 days before his birthday i got a call from my son, saying things weren't good, there is more to this story, but just to long to explain, I am very concerned, & upset about this exspecially because Iam so far away, dont quite know what to do. If any one of you ladies have any advice I will thank you... Becky :)
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JuliFox
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Without knowing the situation it's hard to offer any advice other than just being there for your son when and if he needs you. Hope it all works out for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiriRose923
by Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Becky, I'm sorry that you are so concerned about your son's family. I can tell you love your grandson so much, and I can imagine it would be difficult to be so far away from them. You didn't really describe what your concerns are, but if you think it would be helpful to speak with a caring person, I wanted to let you know about the counselors at Focus on the Family. I work at Focus, and the counselors there are available to speak with you over the phone for free. Also, there is some information on Focus' website about "Grandparenting Across the Miles." I pray this is helpful, and you will find peace of mind about your loved ones. God bless you!

shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Wow i feel your pain about being so far away:( If ya don't mind me asking what is exactly wrong.. you would get better advice if we knew! It is so hard to be away from your loved ones and not to be their when you really wanna be.. I hope whatever is going on gets better! Gl

CafeMom Tickers
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I'm sorry. I hope things get better for your son.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Wait and be there when your son makes further contact. I am sorry you have these worries.

bbmkfo03
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bmat:

Wait and be there when your son makes further contact. I am sorry you have these worries.

I agree with this. Just let your son know that you are there for support and whatever else he may need. That's about all you can do until he asks for your help. Hang in there!

LoreleiSieja
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Encourage them to get marriage counceling.  Pray for them.  If you are concerned about the child's welfare, and don't think he's in a good place, you can sue for custody.  Otherwise, there is not much else you can do.  Be supportive of BOTH parents. If there is a divorce, try to keep on friendly terms with the mother, especially if she gets custody.  Otherwise, you might not see your grandchild again without taking her to court.  The law has chosed to recognize that grandparents deserve visitation rights as well.

http://raisingcreativechildren.com/nail-biting/

tweety1901
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Thank you so much for all your advice, it really helps me a lot , & a lot of ideas..:) ty
marisab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

congrats grandma ;-) i dont have advice but hope it works out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN