Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to Retrain my Boys on Everything!

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 2 Replies
my children are mouthy, rude, like to yell, throw tantrums, fight,etc.. they are 5 and 7. i tried so hard to have my boys grow up to be very respectful boys and it seems i have failed. I need some advice on how to retrain my boys on there manners and some parenting advice.

also.. my 5 yr old said to my oldest the other day " Julian is your a bad boy you get to go fishing like me" well that was said because (im not with there father) i asked there dad if he can take my 5 yr old the other night to talk to him because his attitude has gotten so bad and talk to him. it turned into a fishing trip and spoiling him with candy. I cant control what happens at his fathers but i dont know what to do because it seems like i will try hard and it will all fail. and now im wondering if thats why there acting out because they think it equals good attention. How can i go about talking to there dad about it. he always says to me he will work on stuff with me BUT he also says they dont behave badly at his house.. well hello! its because there spoiled rotten there.. HELP please.
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
itsblissmas
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I'm not sure what to tell you but sometimes kids act out when there is stress or other problems. It could be that you and their father aren't together. It could be if they can do certain things with him that they can't do with you. Maybe sit them down (one kid at a time), look in their eyes and talk to them. Ask them why they are behaving this way and let them know it's not acceptable. My kid seems to listen best when I look him in the eye and use a firm voice.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM

This is a good start. You can also explain to them what will happen if they misbehave or break your rules and then be consistent on following through with doling out those punishments. You can definitely get them back on track.

Quoting itsblissmas:

I'm not sure what to tell you but sometimes kids act out when they're is stress or other problems. It could be that you and their father aren't together. It could be if they can do certain things with him that they can't do with you. Maybe sit them down (one kid at a time), look in their eyes and talk to them. Ask them why they are behaving this way and let them know it's not acceptable. My kid seems to listen best when I look him in the eye and use a firm voice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured