Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let Her Go?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

I have 3 kids. Two from a previous relationship and the baby with my SO.  His dad and Step mom are NEVER around. They NEVER have time for us and only contact him to cause trouble or make him feel guilty about something.

His step mom told me one day after I bumped into her that we could call them to take care of the baby if we ever had anything to do with the older 2. His dad told  him the same thing a couple of weeks later.  BUT the thing is we have seen them maybe a handful of times since she's been born. The baby doesn't  like them at all!!! She cries EVERY SINGLE time we have seen them.

We both agree that if they really wanted to keep her they would make effort to see her more so she could get "used" to them. We've tried to get together with them at their house , invited them to school functions for the older 2, invited them for bbqs... everything and it's always a last minute excuse..

SO.. the question is are we wrong for not "asking" them to baby sit as they have requested?

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  I would be very hesitant to let them watch the baby since she seems not to like them or know them

Jessi_James
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Thats what I  & thankfully he think as well!!! They drive me nuts sometimes lol!!

mamakenzi
by Kenzi on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM
No you aren't wrong at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Why wouldn't the baby cry? These people are total strangers.

Of course you're not wrong for making sure your baby is happy with who cares for her...

Kiwismommy19
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I agree.

Quoting LindaClement:

Why wouldn't the baby cry? These people are total strangers.

Of course you're not wrong for making sure your baby is happy with who cares for her...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhymia
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Not wrong at all. Have they said they were upset that you didn't have them babysit? My thought is that a lot of people say they want to babysit, but when it comes right down to it, really do not.

Jessi_James
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Quoting rhymia:

Not wrong at all. Have they said they were upset that you didn't have them babysit? My thought is that a lot of people say they want to babysit, but when it comes right down to it, really do not.

His dad calls him every once in a while and kinda hints around that he would like to see her. But his wife keeps him busy with their other grandkids.  I kinda think they say it just to make it sound like they are making an effort. We asked them once to watch the other 2 for about an hour while I was still pregnant and last minute ( 45 mins before the sono) they cancelled saying she was sick.  We've literally only seen them  5 times and we only live 30 mins away from them

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM
No it's not wrong for you to do that. Baby's welfare comes before any possible hurt feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessi_James
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM
How the heck do ya'll deal with the other set of grandparents?!?!? LOL When I was married we didn't have to deal with his mom since she lived in IReland, even if she didn't I don't think she would have been a public grandma.. lol you know the kind that only wants to be a doting grannie when people are around
marisab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM

if your child is not comfortable why would u ??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured