Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stuck at Home!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

How do I get myself out of this slump? I recently lost my job, and having a hard time finding a new one, and I am going crazy being stuck at home all day with no luck on a job and my nerves are shot! Any advice before I go crazy?

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skippette14
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I am right there with you. I have only been unemployed for 1month.....so I would like to see others suggestions too. :)
skippette14
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

BUMP!

PearBear27
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Today I think has been the worst day yet! Its goin on 2 months of no work and no money to do stuff and have to save gas for whats imporant. So, I think i've been trapped in my head all day! It sucks, and my son is getting on my nerves and I don't like that. He's out of school and its suppose to be a fun summer not a bad one with mommy having emotional issues. I don't know what to do. I feel helpless.

littleacorn
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Get a hobby or volunteer. Both would give you domething to do and maybe be something to add to your resume.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PearBear27
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Thats a good Idea I should. Thank you.

LindaClement
by Linda on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Get a volunteer position --something part time that's meaningful to you (reading to children at the hospital, holding the hands of dying patients at hospice, at the animal rescue)... you'll have more energy, feel better about yourself and have something really valuable to add to your resume, very quickly.

marisab
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:34 PM

i know the feeling me 2

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I agree with this. Also, I've recently started working at home, and I'm dealing with dd as well so some days things just really get away from me and it's easy to get overwhelmed or feel like nothing is getting done. My suggestion would be to create a to do list, and cross things off as you go. That way you have a visual of your day, and when you start to feel like you didn't get anything done, you'll see that you did. Also, if you're keeping track of multiple things, writing it down helps, you'll be less stressed when you don't have to keep it all in your head. Good luck, hope you find a new job soon!

Quoting littleacorn:

Get a hobby or volunteer. Both would give you domething to do and maybe be something to add to your resume.

ajrjj05
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

6 months here with no job!, thankfully my husband makes plenty. I clean, run kids around, shop.. ect!. I go back to work next week though :)

TylersMom999
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Check out meetup.com for playgroups in your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured