Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

"If he can't be trusted the night before the wedding, don't marry him!" And Other Wedding Advice from Joann from Bensonhurst

Posted by   + Show Post

Can second-time brides wear white? When's the best time for a man to ask a woman to marry him? Should a bride-to-be worry about her fiance's behavior at the bachelor party? And see what Joann says when she's asked a shockingly personal question about her own wedding day!

What wedding advice did you get that was actually helpful - and what was the worst you heard before you got married?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Replies (11-16):
justahousewife
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I heard that advice too. Of course after my divorce. Now days I don't care if the problem isn't resolved before going to sleep I just content myself knowing we'll fix it the next day. I get more sleep that way. LOL

My mom's advice was to live with a man without having sex for a whole year to see if  you still like him before getting married. Because after marriage you stop having sex. So she says. I never stopped in my first marriage. LOL That was purely bad advice. 

Quoting Cafe Steph:

My mom told me to forget the "never go to bed angry" idea and said it's necessary to just sleep on it sometimes. That actually helped a lot. I didn't really get any bad advice.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh boy! Yes, show it to him tonight! Maybe you could say, "OMG, this lady is so funny! Watch!" wink

Quoting justahousewife:

That's hilarious. I need to find out a way to have SO watch it so he knows when the best time to ask is. LOL

He casually asked me to see if a ring he was going to sell would fit then mentioned he forgot which hand an engagement ring was suppose to go on. Then I caught him looking at an engagement ring on craigslist. :-|

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

LOL! I love her advice! 

My own wedding... let me think.  I guess the best advice, and the worst, was to elope. The wedding plans and production weren't fun. On the other hand, they meant a lot to the family.

boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting Cafe Steph:

My mom told me to forget the "never go to bed angry" idea and said it's necessary to just sleep on it sometimes. That actually helped a lot. I didn't really get any bad advice.

Agree, sometimes if you keep going it just gets worse. Sometimes you just have to step away.

CafeMom Tickers
sky375
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:33 PM

That was awesome....I am getting married in 8 days.  I needed a giggle....I need an out right LMAO, but i will settle for a giggle

vixen42
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

best advice don't have a wedding rehearsal dinner,save the money for the reception  worst advice don't use rice use birdseed yeah if you want a flock of birds swarming you in your gown!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)