Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

When did you stop taking your son to the ladies'room?

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is about to turn 5 and I am still taking him with me to the restroom and the gym locker room. He uses his own stall and knows how to do everything on his own. I think maybe it's time to switch, but he still seems too young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Replies (21-27):
LivinBlessed
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM
My son was about 9 or so when I started letting him go to men's rooms by himself. But, if I am uncomfortable where we are, he will hold it till we get somewhere I feel is safe. He's 11 now, and I can't remember the last time that happened. I heard about a 12 y/o being raped in a park bathroom when my son was small, and I never have been able to forget it... Who the hell knows whe's in there with them, you can't always judge a book by it's cover!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megs424420
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I just started letting my 11 yr old daughter go by herself maybe a yr ago. For my son will probably be 8-10 depending on where we are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My son is 6 and if we are out together....he goes with me.  If my husband is with us...he goes with daddy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

JMmama
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Same. ODS will be 7 in October. If he goes in by himself I make him talk to me the whole time.

Quoting mommieof1b4g:

It depends on were we are. My hubby takes him most the time, but when I take him I will let him go by himself if we are in a place where I feel save letting him go by himself, otherwise he goes with me. Hes 7.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

i'm still too nervous to have him stand outside the bathroom at a place like walmart, so he comes in. ppl probably think he's much oler than 6, but i just don't like the idea. usually he'll go into the men's bathroom by himself but i take my 5yo and 3yo with me to the women's bath. 

ahicks1108
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Depends on where we are. We stopped at a big truck stop today BC I had to pee (6 1/2 most pregnant, I always have to pee lol) and my oldest DS, almost 7 had to go too. He got mad BC I made him use the ladies room but ya never know w ppl nowadays and id rather be safe than sorry. Too many weirdos out there. But most of the time he uses the men's.
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

My brother and ex SIL started letting my nephew go alone at age 5. He didn't want to go to the girls bathroom anymore. Totally understandable. BTW, dd's father took her with him until she was 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN