Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i being ridiculous? or is he?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
My husband and I just had a baby girl four weeks ago. During my pregnancy I got this itch to dye my hair. I'm black, my hair is natural and I was looking into vegan hair dye a few months ago. Semi permanent but a really out there color like green or blue. I've done green before and bc my hair is so dark it only tints it. Which for me, is perfect. My husband is super against it and now that I'm not pregnant anymore I want to pull the trigger. Since he's known me I have never dyed my hair so I could understand if he thinks its out of character for me. But considering it'll wash out in a month or two completely and it only will be visible in full light as a tint, I think he's being a heel and I'm one step from just doing it anyway without telling him. am I overeacting or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Just go get it done!!  I'd bet he doesn't even notice right away.  It's just hair and if you don't like it, it will grow out or you can have colored again.  He's beng ridiculous.

mama_girl07
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I dont ever ask my husband before I dye my hair. I wouldnt even think to ask unless I was dying it a crazy color but then again Im white with blonde hair , so yeah. is there a reason he doesnt want you to do it or jsut because?

hollydaze1974
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM
You have a wild itch to get out of "mama funk" and he has no control of your hair. If you'll feel more beautiful, do it....hubby is just a lil freaked out about chance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
If hubby didn't want me to do it I wouldn't out of respect for him. But he wouldn't forbid me from doing it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
This. Do you know why he's so against it?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

If hubby didn't want me to do it I wouldn't out of respect for him. But he wouldn't forbid me from doing it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Sorry to me my hair is exactly that, MY hair. Lol I would dye and forget about his say in it. And honestly.....bc he says no that woul make me do it for sure. Lol just bc he is saying no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

IMO he is overreacting. it is your hair, do what you want....   at least that is my thought on the subject.

Buggy979
by Danette on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Your hair not his.. this is a pet peeve of mine... Anyone who lives for someone else and follows their rules then you need to reconcider the relationship... Go for blue... If your hair is black then that will look way cool...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
It's your hair, do what you want!

I don't understand women who don't cut or color their hair a certain way just because their bf/so/DH doesn't want them to. It's just hair it will grow back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleigh717
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I called him a heel and he chose purple! Thanx for the replies! I don't usually base my decisions on his opinion but I wanted him to feel included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured