Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tubel, 23, your toughts?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

Here is why I want to get it. I have a dd an ds. After my son was born (which was a horrable pregancy, hospitals all the time, kiddeny stones an pain like no other had to induce 4 weeks earily) I had a mental break down an am on lots of meds tied to bpd an stsd, that I would not take while growing a life inside me. Dh an I dont think i will servive another pregancy. Birthcontroll just makes me a bit over weight an messes with my periods.

Just some thoughts would be nice=)

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM
It would be a hell of a lot easier for dh to get a vasectomy, it's not nearly as invasive of a procedure. And many docs won't do a tubal unless you have x number of kids or are however many years old. I would discuss it with your doc to see if it's even an option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeaHound
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I had four terriblly difficult pregnancies (but I'm not on meds for anything like what ever the initials were you mentioned).  I also had trouble with bc pills; however, I talked to my gyno (nurse practitioner) and she said it sounded like the dosages were too high and put me on Microgesin (also Loestrin and a couple of other names).  It's a really low dose pill.  My periods are dictated by the pill (taking the placebos), but they're shorter, lighter and less painful than ever (and I've had some REALLY BAD PERIODS!!!!!)

As for the tubal, it's perminent and doesn't mess with your hormones like bc pills will.  You're pretty young, so your ob/gyn is going to take some talking-into to get it done.  If they agree right away, I'd run screaming the other direction, honestly.  But that's just me.

All the best to you!!!

Paytonsmomma310
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:14 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!! Im 24 and I had one after my 2nd daughter and have had NOTHING but problems!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaeagle216
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM
This. Have him get snipped. It's simpler and safer.

Quoting elzmnsf:

It would be a hell of a lot easier for dh to get a vasectomy, it's not nearly as invasive of a procedure. And many docs won't do a tubal unless you have x number of kids or are however many years old. I would discuss it with your doc to see if it's even an option.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Have you tried or considered trying paragard?  If thats not an option what about essure?

msswisher08
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Here either person has to be 30. We sent 5 referrals to different docs for either me or hubby to do it they all denied until we are 30 unless I have a c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Also we are having our 3rd I'm 24 and hubby is 28.

Quoting msswisher08:

Here either person has to be 30. We sent 5 referrals to different docs for either me or hubby to do it they all denied until we are 30 unless I have a c-section.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lioness3e
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM
That's between you, Hubby and Doctor. I wish you the best! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

i think you should hold off. i had to get my appendix out while pregnant with my daughter but it didn't discourage me. you're still young, you might change your mind down the road.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It is pretty early to make this decision. Discuss it with your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN