Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

something aint right

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
Yesterday at work I had chest pains and ankles sweld right up. ( no not preggo) I went to doc. Bp was high. They did an ekg and results fine so sent me on my way. The swelling went down over night but came back today with pain. Now it just hurt to go to the bathroom. I felt like crying. Anyone know if these symptons could be linked?
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I'm sorry mama.  Did they do any bloodwork?

erikadi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Maybe you should go on a medication for your blood pressure.

Governess
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM
You need to get this checked out more thoroughly as it is very common for women to have heart attacks that doctors miss because they were trained according to men's symptoms. I would call your doctor pronto and sound calm but firm. Get someone to go with you if you can, someone who will advocate for you. Female doctors and younger male doctors sometimes are more up on women specific symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Governess
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Please let us know how you are doing. I am concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM

It sounds like a circulation problem for sure, and if your BP was up too, then it means your heart is working extra hard to pump and not being all that successful, at least this is how I see it not being in the medical profession. With the swelling symptom, I'd say you need to go to urgent care or ER.

PartyGalAnne
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Kidney infection?

rayroe2
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

webmd

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Congestive heart failure. Go to your doctor and ask for an ekg right now. The swelling is from systemic edema from one of your ventricles (can't remember which) not working well. My mom had CHF at 38. She almost died. Take this very seriously. You CAN manage this and even reverse some damage IF caught early enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM

This is what came to mind for me. It can happen at a young age.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Congestive heart failure. Go to your doctor and ask for an ekg right now. The swelling is from systemic edema from one of your ventricles (can't remember which) not working well. My mom had CHF at 38. She almost died. Take this very seriously. You CAN manage this and even reverse some damage IF caught early enough.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM

This is from mayo clinic.com

When to see a doctor
See your doctor if you experience any of the signs or symptoms associated with heart failure. These include:

• Chest pain
  • Fatigue and weakness
  • Rapid or irregular heartbeat
  • Shortness of breath (dyspnea) when you exert yourself or when you lie down
  • Reduced ability to exercise
  • Persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged phlegm
  • Swelling in your abdomen, legs, ankles and feet
  • Difficulty concentrating or decreased alertness
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)