Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

help! need a good heavy duty cleaner!

Posted by   + Show Post

This is my stove... we just moved into a house.... its a rental... and the landlord gave us half off of rent because we have to clean some stuff up... not a problem... well I have been trying to get this caked on gunk off the stove because apparently it was too hard for the previous tenants to clean after they got done cooking... I have been scrubbing like crazy! I have gone through an entire magic eraser... tried many different cleaners from dirty jobs all purpose cleaner to CLR... even tried bleach... ugh! Df is going to the store to see if he can find something for it.. any suggestions??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (11-16):
angelgrl5200
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM
did you try a degreaser? let it soak in and scrub the heck outta it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Put 1 cup of vinegar in the microwave and heat. Put it in a spray bottle with 1 cup dawn dishsoap and shake. Spray it on and let it soak for half hour, then scrub off.

Paytonsmomma310
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Try goof off (available at Walmart) that seems to clean anything I've come in contact with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Have you tried that shit you spray on dishes to dissolve stuck on food? That shit is magic in a spray bottle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygurl1985
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Hot vinager and blue dawn soap... Mix together in spray bottle and maybe it'll work on it it works on a lot of things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaNeeNee
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Grease lightening from the dollar store with a Steele wool scubbing pad. Or you can get a whole box of Brillo pads for a buck.
I had the same issue with my last place.. The oven was a disaster too. I'm telling ya, the dollar tree oven cleaner is ahhmazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)