Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Undecended testicles

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 5 year old had surgery for undecended testicles May 4th.  He was in tears that his groin hurt (nothing new but we looked anyways) and the scrotom is empty!  They said that his was a really simple surgery and they would not cause any further problem but they aren't there.  They are up right next to his penis where they were before.

Anybody been through this one?  He has a urology appointment next week already for some other continuing problems

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keda84
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM
They can move within the sac and still be I'm the scrotum. If you can feel them, he is likely ist having pain from the surgery. I hope he feels better soon and his internal stitches haben't opened up.
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM
They are all of the way up at the sides of the penis where it enters the body. Is that too high?
Should he have pain from a simple surgery 2 months later?
I hope that's all this is!

Quoting momtoBrenna:

They can move within the sac and still be I'm the scrotum. If you can feel them, he is likely ist having pain from the surgery. I hope he feels better soon and his internal stitches haben't opened up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM
That poor kid! He's really been through the ringer lately! I have no advice but I'll keep praying for him. You just keep being vigilant mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Wow, holy typos in my last reply. They can move all over the sac. The colder he is, the higher they will be to keep warm. Bring it up with the urologist, just in case. He could also be having growing pains and is more sensitive because of the surgery. I had a laparoscopic appendectomy 6 yrs ago and my scars still twinge now and then. Good luck!
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM
The pain is always there. That's why we are going back. And it is above the groin as well. Its 102 today so hes not cold.
where does the sack end? Is it higher inside than out? Because they are nowhere in the sack looking from the outside.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Wow, holy typos in my last reply. They can move all over the sac. The colder he is, the higher they will be to keep warm. Bring it up with the urologist, just in case. He could also be having growing pains and is more sensitive because of the surgery. I had a laparoscopic appendectomy 6 yrs ago and my scars still twinge now and then. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yes, it is a little higher inside than out. What I meant by cold is, when you take his pants and underwear off to look at them they will move up more because they are cold in comparison. It could be that his stitches aren't holding but I hope that's not the case.
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Hes wearing hubbys shirt. No underwear or pants because its hurting.
I really hope its nothing. They've been up for 2 hours.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Yes, it is a little higher inside than out. What I meant by cold is, when you take his pants and underwear off to look at them they will move up more because they are cold in comparison. It could be that his stitches aren't holding but I hope that's not the case.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Quoting JasonsMom2007:

:( I hope the pain goes away soon. Maybe, try some frozen veggies or an ice pack fr he pain and or some Motrin.
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Thanks :) thankfully we haven't had any doctors appointments for him this month until next week. It has been so nice I don't want it to end!

Quoting elzmnsf:

That poor kid! He's really been through the ringer lately! I have no advice but I'll keep praying for him. You just keep being vigilant mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)