Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I see alot of moms on here B****ing

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
  • 46 Replies

That they never get a break from their children. That they have no family to watch their kids. How about Hiring a sitter if you need a break ? It is not your parents job to take your children for a day and hour or a week. They raised their children, raise yours.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JADIEBUG
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
15 moms liked this

I don't understand bitching about what others bitch about. Pretty hypocritical. How does it effect you?

shortiesmom24
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I have never hd this problem i mean my mom will watch my child for me to get a brak but not take care of my child. I mean i agree with you It isn't another person's place to watch your child. a sitter isn't that much if they really wanted a break that bad then they could always pay for someone to watch their child.. but i think people should think about that before having children!

CafeMom Tickers
LisaMarie27
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Well I'm never one to have complained. But me personally, I don't trust anyone BUT my mom. I don't have her keep my 5yo often at all. Maybe a few times a year. I just like my kids with me whe. They're small. Maybe other moms feel the same way as far as trust, maybe not. Thats just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I've always wondered how people find sitters lol my kids are young, we don't have any teens in the neighborhood. My mom lives nearby, but I don't rely on her for childcare. I have a couple girlfriends I've sat for and vice versa, but hiring a sitter has been a different ball game thus far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I've always wondered how people find sitters lol my kids are young, we don't have any teens in the neighborhood. My mom lives nearby, but I don't rely on her for childcare. I have a couple girlfriends I've sat for and vice versa, but hiring a sitter has been a different ball game thus far.

sittercity or care.com  people that want to sit put their profiles up you can screen them and run background checks to make sure they are worthy of leaving your children with.

iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Have you used it with success?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting iamcafemom83:

sittercity or care.com  people that want to sit put their profiles up you can screen them and run background checks to make sure they are worthy of leaving your children with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Some people can't afford a sitter and yet still need a break.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Have you used it with success?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I am a nanny/sitter. I have acquired jobs through these sites. My current nanny job I got through sittercity. have been with the same family for 5 yrs.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting lwalker270:

Some people can't afford a sitter and yet still need a break.

How about trading with friends. When my boys were small, I had a group of 5 friends we took turns going out while another set of parents babysat. The kids loved a it and we all had a chance to get out without the kids and knew they were being well taken care of.

MonicaJP
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:29 AM
3 moms liked this
How does hiring a babysitter = raising your own children?

I would never leave my children in the hands of a stranger.. Not even for a minute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)