Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOW my babies will get put 1st instead of their dad!!!!! =)

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 13 Replies
My youngest daughters dad has also been dad to my oldest for 8 yrs .... so when he took me to court for visitation I had no prob with him seeing my oldest .... problem is he continues to put himself ahead of them ..... my oldest had this thing at school called a "read in" and it was somethin she earned cause of how many AR points she got during the school yr .... this "read in" took place on her birthday .... her "dad" refused to let her stay for the whole thing cause ot was "his wkend" well guess what SHE EARNED IT !!!!! It shouldn't have mattered what wkend it was she should have got to enjoy ON HER BIRTHDAY something she earned at school .... he refused to meet me 500 ft further than what was court ordered because it wasn't the "court ordered place" to meet me ..... maybe id rather him pick my kids up in a parkinlot instead of the side of the road .... its like he really thinks this is about him !!!!!!! THIS IS ABOUT MY KIDS not him!!!! I requested a Guardian Ad Litem and just got my papers in the mail .... not only did I get 1 but I ALSO got the same woman I had b4 with my oldest and her birthdad ... I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! She already knows what kind of a mom I am and she knows I only want what's best for my kids ..... I'm soooooo excited!!!!! Thank God!!!! Praise Jesus !!!!! God is GREAT !!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

And why exactly did you get a Guardian Ad Litem? Sounds like you have an ax to grind and are going to use everything you can to grind it.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Good luck.

LilDzMamma2010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Good job mamma ur doing the right thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Huh?? Why would I not want a Guardian Ad Litem???? He didn't even call the kids on christmas .... and then filed for visitation and wanted them EVERY wkend ... judge asked me what I felt was fair visitation I told him every other wkend .... that judge looked me in my eyes and told me "that's ridiculous he deserves to c his kids more than that" yet the judge b4 only gave hin 1st and 3rd sundays of the month cause he works every wkend .... he even told this last judge he works every wkend yet the judge court ordered him to get them 1st 3 wkends of every month .... hell he planned an entire wedding without even tellin his kids he was getting married ..... f***ed up if u ask me ....... he obviously is putting his own needs and wants above my kids .... my kids need to be put first and foremost ... especially my oldest who calls me "DaMommaDa" since she thinks of me as mommy and daddy since she has had 2 dads walk out on her .... I need a Guardian Ad Lite so my kids needs r put first PERIOD .... my kids r more important than he could ever dream of being

Quoting SexyTeacher:

And why exactly did you get a Guardian Ad Litem? Sounds like you have an ax to grind and are going to use everything you can to grind it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

What is a guardian ad litem? lol I've never heard of that before...

smallo8485
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I was thinking the same thing lol...I've never herd of it either but I've never had to deal with the courts with my children before

Quoting superm0m877:

Had3girls
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Its basically an attorney for the children .... they meet and talk with both parents and explain things to kids in words they can understand and get their side of things ... then they go into court and tell the judge what they feel is best for the children

Quoting smallo8485:

I was thinking the same thing lol...I've never herd of it either but I've never had to deal with the courts with my children before

Quoting superm0m877:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I responded to another post that asked same thing but its an attorney for the children basically ... they meet and speak with both parents and explain things to kids in words they can understand and get their side of things then they go into court and tell the judge what they feel is best for the children

Quoting superm0m877:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Thank u ... I tried soooo hard to b civil with their dad but he refuses to cooperate ... he ignores all my calls ... even if its the kids callin ... if its my number he just doesn't answer .... even if its important and concerns the kids and I leave a voicemail he still won't call me back .... I'm done ... id rather have a guardian ad litem handle it ... plus this woman I got is amazing and already knows how I am and that I'm not tryin to keep my kids from him .... I just want what's best for my kids PERIOD and now that will happen =)

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
That's good. He sounds like my moms ex husband :-/ good luck mama

Quoting Had3girls:

Thank u ... I tried soooo hard to b civil with their dad but he refuses to cooperate ... he ignores all my calls ... even if its the kids callin ... if its my number he just doesn't answer .... even if its important and concerns the kids and I leave a voicemail he still won't call me back .... I'm done ... id rather have a guardian ad litem handle it ... plus this woman I got is amazing and already knows how I am and that I'm not tryin to keep my kids from him .... I just want what's best for my kids PERIOD and now that will happen =)

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured