CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
I don't think there has been any one defining moment. My motherhood is constantly being redefined as my children grow. I think that in order to survive motherhood you have to have the flexibility to constantly change to meet your child's changing needs.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
Advice For Moms or Love and Marriage.
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
I like that you can truly get good advice and a lot of different viewpoints.
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
I read or spend time with friends and family. Most of my "spare" time is spent doing things with my kids, my husband, or my other family members.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: I don't have an absolute favorite, but I love fantasy books like the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan or the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.
Movie: Benny and Joon
Song: Again, not one particular favorite, but some fave bands include mewithoutYou, Copeland, As Cities Burn, Emery, Anberlin
Food: Yes. Food is a definite favorite. ;-) Food is a major downfall for me when it comes to weight loss; I love to cook, and I love to eat.
Place to travel to: I love Europe. I'd love to give Australia and Africa a visit too.
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I would LOVE to discuss cooking/food with her!
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Relax. No mom has this down perfectly. Take the good advice, leave the bad. Your kids are not going to be exactly like anyone else's so not every piece of advice is going to work.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
According to my preschool papers, I wanted to be a grandma. :-) I never had a particular dream. I always struggled with what I wanted to do and be. Currently, I work as a patient registrar for a local health system. I take your demographics and insurance so that the right entities get billed.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
Anyone currently getting a full night's sleep. My 4 year old hasn't ever been a great sleeper and now I have a 6 week old too. :-)
Now answer her question for YOU:
Hmm... How do you make sure you're being the best mom you can be?