Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mediation Follow Up

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:11 AM
  • 4 Replies
So my DD's father & I went to mediation & we just received the recommendation she is sending to the judge .. She is recommending supervised visits until my DD is done breast-feeding which was the most important to me, however because her father is uncomfortable to come to my house 1 day out of the 3 visits a week .. She is recommending I bring my DD over there ALL 3 visits which I think is totally unfair .. I'm uncomfortable going to his place as well however I do it for my DD .. Furthermore it is going to be a financial hardship on me being that I raise both of my children 100% on my own & not that my unemployment has ended, my income is really $0 at this time .. Luckily we reside with my parents at this time & I have been looking for jobs but now have to drive 30 mins a day round trip 3 times a week is going to be a hardship ..

My question is .. Would you give up & find a way to make it all 3 times or would you fight it before the judge ?? I agreed to 2 days a week I would bring her there & 1 day he should come here .. I'm only scared because it is what the mediator recommended .. Please help !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you get another mediator?  Do you have an attorney to fight for you?  You should really try to find one.  

bbmkfo03
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Can you get another mediator?  Do you have an attorney to fight for you?  You should really try to find one.  

This

MissNarin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Unfortunately I do not have an attorney nor can I afford one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissNarin
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM
& no other mediator can be appointed because court is on Monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)