Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need some new reading material

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 13 Replies

I finished reading the 50 shades of Grey series and would like some suggestions on what to read now. I wasnt big into reading untill here recently. I like romance, mystery, vampire type books. What would you reccomend as a good read? Thanks!

*~*Megan  *~*

Happily engaged mommy to a precious little man!

in love toddler boy

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebug840204
by Katie on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Flowers in the attic series by VC Andrews....4 books
The Edge series by Rhiannon Byrd...10 books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (the basis for HBO's True Blood)? If you also like werewolves, you might enjoy Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift or the Laws of the Lycans series by Nicky Charles. For Romance, Nora Roberts has a great trilogy about 3 sisters in Ireland, the Born In trilogy (Born in Fire, Born in Ice, Born in Shame).

katiebug840204
by Katie on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Oh yes! The Sookie Stackhouse series is also another great one! SO MUCH better than the shows!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (the basis for HBO's True Blood)? If you also like werewolves, you might enjoy Anne Rice's The Wolf Gift or the Laws of the Lycans series by Nicky Charles. For Romance, Nora Roberts has a great trilogy about 3 sisters in Ireland, the Born In trilogy (Born in Fire, Born in Ice, Born in Shame).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM
bump

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Yeah, I like some of the changes they made for the show because they keep it unpredictable for those who've read the books, but some things are just... weird, lol. I'm excited and sad for the last book to come out next May.

Quoting katiebug840204:

Oh yes! The Sookie Stackhouse series is also another great one! SO MUCH better than the shows!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

fairchildmama
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

i love love nora roberts i have read just about all the series she has some great ones!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

fairchildmama
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

currently i have been reading james patterson's murder club series. they are mystery with a bit of romance but really good. also my new favorite is the stephanie plum novels by janet evanovich im on number 9 and i swear those books have me crackin up to the point of needing to just wear a diaper  lol

amirahsmommy11
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
The black dagger brotherhood. It is like vampire love and erotica and there's fighting and Omg am addicted to the series
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NevaehRoberts
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Christine Feehan. She has the Dark series which is about a vampire like race, also she has the Ghostwalkers which are super soldiers that have phychic powers, also the Drake/sister series are witches, and the Leopard series which are shape shifters. Very good reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I just finished "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire, "On the Island" by Tracey Garvis-Graves, "Outside of the Lines" and "Best Kept Secret" by Amy Hatvany, and "Joy" by Victoria Christopher Murray via Kindle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)