Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
I was at work today and got this email from my mother. Bare in mind that I have effectively cut her and both of my brothers from my life and this particular email address is the ONLY way they have to contact me - its at my work email so I cant change it (I have now put step in place so that they automatically get deleted and I dont even see them).

Hi J

I hope that you are happy as you have wrecked A and K's marriage with your restraining order against A and IF YOU HAVE THE GUTTS TO REPLY TO THIS and you should be ashamed off your self what has he done to you to make you do this and you have not got the courage to even ring him when he asked you to as he needed your help but all you care about is your self but you do not care at all and I would like to know if there is one against me and jed as well so please let me know. and it would have been a cowards act to have him arrested if he went to nans funeral he had as much right to gg as we all did but I glad that we did not go as I do not know what I would have done if you did have him arrested

SO IF YOU HAVE THE GUTTS TO REPLY I WOULD LIE TO HEAT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THIS

MUM

I have copied this exactly as I received it except to take out names.

But here's the kicker.... I dont have and have never had a restraining order against any of them. Did I consider it 2 1/2 years ago when they were emotionally abusing me and threatening me? YES, Did I do it? NO...

A & K - refers to my oldest brother and his wife and JED is my youngest brother.

Am I sad that my brothers marriage is on the rocks - I really have no strong feelings either way but I am sad that there are 4 children who will be affected if they divorce.

I dont know how things work in the US but here in Australia when you take out a restraining order against someone there is a court hearing (of which the respondant can attend) and then the repondant is physically served with the order by the police - there is no way that you would NOT KNOW that you had a restraining order against you.

These ppl are NUTS and I am glad that they are no longer in my lie.

Just wondering how other ppl would handle it.
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Replies (11-17):
love-javier
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alexis_06:

i would ignore it as well..no need giving into that childish behaviour, shes just trying to aggrivate you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by Kenzi on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alexis_06:

i would ignore it as well..no need giving into that childish behaviour, shes just trying to aggrivate you. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Ignore it, but do not delete it. Place it in a separate folder or print it out and store it somewhere. Hopefully you will not have to go to court (especially against your mother), but if you must, it can be evidence of harassment. Always have a paper trail.

motherlove220
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not answer any more e-mails from her.. even though she is your mother, do not let her steal your joy.
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with some p.p.

Don't even give her the satisfaction of e-mailing her back.

Let her sit and wonder if you even read/got it.
She's trying to bait you and bring you back into the drama.

It's not your fault a marriage is breaking up. That's between the husband and/or wife if the marriage is failing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I wouldn't handle it...LET THE TOXIC PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE GO!!!!!

bluedolly01
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Hi ladies. Thank you all for the advice. I have decided that I am not going to respond to it - knowing these ppl it probably wouldn't do any good anyway, they won't believe me. :( I guess all it has done is reaffirm why I cut them out of my life. I just find it frustrating that I have worked really hard to not want to call my mum and have a chat, and to finally realise I am never going to have a healthy relationship with her and that she probably doesn't really love me and this just opens old wounds somewhat. I am not responsible for my mothers marriage breakup they are. Thank you again for your advice and support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)