Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Could I lie

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

I know this sounds horrible, but hear me out.

So, I have insurance through my dad. I'm covered under some things until I'm 26. However, I also have Access because a lot of things are no longer covered through my dad and I was able to be put under Access while I was pregnant to help with costs since I didn't even have a job at the time.

I have really bad anxiety and depression. I was better for awhile when LO was smaller. Idk if it's stress from work or what but it's worse than ever. I don't even feel like spending time with LO which kills me. I've tried to go to therapists but my insurance keeps getting denied. They won't take my dad's insurance plan but they take Access. They have to go through my primary first which is my dad's. They also said they can't see me if my primary isn't accepted. I literally ran out of places to go that aren't over 1 1/2 hours away.

Would it be bad if I say I only have Access so I could get the help I need? I'm really deparate and there's really no other option other than not getting help. What happens if they find out I have my dad's insurance? Please help.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you could use access as your primary insurance and your dads as backup for any medical needs.  I would talk to your caseworker though to make sure it is all on the right side of legal.

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM
When they run your Access to make sure it's active, they may be able to tell you're on a different insurance as well. For instance, I can run Medicaid eligibility through their secured site and if Medicaid knows they have another insurance, I'll know ( I work in patient registration.) Also, there are some insurances that always have to be secondary if there's another insurance. I'm not sure if Access is one; I've never seen anyone with Colorado Access have another insurance, so I've never had to worry about that. I know Medicaid always has to come last; Access may be the same.

Definitely talk to your caseworker; if you get caught trying to commit fraud, you could lose both insurances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i dont know if you can do that wont they automatically se ethe other??

momof6nokc
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM

My DH's DD with his first wife had my DH's traditional insurance as primary (per court order) and her stepfather's insurance (HMO) as secondary.

BM decided that the $5 doctor visit co-pays were cheaper through her husband's insurance so she lied and told the docs that DD only had the SF's insurance.

We never knew she was doing that.

2 years later the insurance companies figured out the scam.  BM was ordered to pay back the insurance company for the money she defrauded them. It was thousands of dollars. She tried to say that DH was responsible for his portion but the insurance company said NOPE, he never improperly used the insurance, YOU DID.

BM had to pay it all back or they were filing charges against her.

I don't recommend you commit insurance fraud.  They will find out.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

Izzybelly1991
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

So pretty much I'm screwed and there's no way I can get help for my depession and anixety. 

abbysmom028
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

unless u commit yourself or get your own issurance

Quoting Izzybelly1991:

So pretty much I'm screwed and there's no way I can get help for my depession and anixety. 

Izzybelly1991
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I barely make enough to pay my bills. I can't afford another bill on top of it. I don't qualify for insurance through my job for another year and 3 months. Also, committing myself just helps for the time I'm in there. Once I'm out, they'll write me a prescription and tell me to find a therapist, which is something I can't find. Also, I'm not to the point(never have and doubt I ever will) to be committed. 

Quoting abbysmom028:

unless u commit yourself or get your own issurance

Quoting Izzybelly1991:

barefootmommi
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
:( I know exactly how you feel momma I'm kinda in the same boat

Quoting Izzybelly1991:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM

why does it matter cause they well take the second one dont they??

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:35 AM
What would happen if your dad dropped you from his insurance? It seems that is not an adequate enough plan for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN