Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My baby and Lyme Disease

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

About 2 weeks ago my 20 month old son had a tick in his belly button and I was able to successfully remove it after it had imbedded into his skin. 2 days later he had a fever of 102 degrees. I didn't think anything of it because he is teething. After a dose of children's Motron it went away. Yesterday, I noticed while changing his diaper he had a 2 inch red ring around his belly bottom and he looked extremely pale. I called his doctor and she told me to take him to the E.R...that it might me Lyme Disease. We spend 3 hours in the hospital and they confirmed it. He has the beginning stages of Lyme Disease.:( All I want to do is cry! HAve you/So/Dh/DD/DS or a relative been diagnosed with this? If so what happened?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I know a girl who did but idk details
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AProsser
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Yes I had a family member who was a lil boy at the time... probably 7 that had it. He became very sick and was in the hospital for 2 or more weeks. But it took a week or more in the hospital before finding the tick. Speedy recovery for ur lil one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by Kenzi on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
My sister has the advanced stages of Lyme's Disease. Since you caught it so early it shouldn't be too bad of a recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

how is he doing now?

MMerrill
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

So sorry to hear that mama :(

I know a girl in my area who I went to high school with who has Chronic Lyme Disease or Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome, along with her sister and mother.  She was in a wheelchair for a long time and had a lot of physical and neurological problems.  She ended up being a cheerleader on an all star team and now has many pageant titles, such as Miss Teen North Carolina and currently Miss North Carolina and Miss Universal Dream...you wouldn't even know anything was wrong with her to this day.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

emmy526
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM

yes, my dd was...put on antibiotics for a month...lyme cleared up but she thinks it left her with joint pain

stephanie546
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM
My brother had it.he had to take antibiotics for like 6 weeks. He
was fine after that.
Soyouthinkso
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

That is what they did for my son. But he is still under weight and he still doesnt want to eat very much some days. Other than that he seems to be doing well.

Quoting stephanie546:

was fine after that.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Thank you for the update! ((hugs))

Quoting Soyouthinkso:

That is what they did for my son. But he is still under weight and he still doesnt want to eat very much some days. Other than that he seems to be doing well.

Quoting stephanie546:

was fine after that.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM
The early diagnosis the better and it sounded early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)