Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My husband is not in love with me any more

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM
  • 33 Replies
We have been married for about 3 and half year now. It all started when i found out that i was pregnant. I was 7 months pregnant when my husband told me he wasn't in love with me no more. He said he doesn't want a baby right now but now that there is, he can't do nothing but hang in there to support me.

Baby E is now 6 month old. We all live under the same roof but we do not hug, kiss, touch nor have any intimate moment going on. I have tried so hard to make things work out, but he's not on the pace as me.

About 3 months ago, I found out he was talking to his ex on skype and they we planing to meet each other. They talk how they missed each other. And they even trash talk about pme and laughed about it. They have been talking since baby E was just 2 wks old. I was shocked and broke down crying. I confronted him, and he said he doesn't meant all what he was saying to his ex. He said he was just looking for someone to talk to, that his ex was there to listen. Also, he said she's his best friend.

I'm totally falling out of love with him. I can't stop him from talking to his ex. Everyday I think about the conversation they had on Skype. It just kept replaying in my head. We just started attending a marriage counselor and I don't know if its going to work. As of now I have given up on the marriage and I don't trust him no more.

Please I need your advice. And thanks for taking ur time to read this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof3smoochies
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:11 AM
6 moms liked this
Get your baby and just dump his ass! You deserve sooooooooo much better. What a jerk.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
U and your baby deserve better ditch his ass hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamakenzi
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Give marriage counseling a shot. I do believe that you owe it to your child to try. Good luck and be strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I am really sorry.  I know this has to be hard.  I don't believe him and his excuses, and I really don't think you do either.  It sucks that he doesn't feel the way you wish he would about you.  But one thing I know for sure is that you deserve someone who cherishes you.  Someone who only has a heart for you and considers you the only person that he would want to go through life with.  Even if he wants to hang in there, do yourself a favor and don't let this relationship drag on longer than practically necessary.  Make a plan to co-parent, but to be separate and independent so you can move on and find the person who will treat you like the treasure you are!

Jit25
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Thank you so much for the advice. One thing that is really upseting me is that, he said he wants a woman who has a Bachelor's and Master's degree like himself. he wants someone who can help him pay bills, etc.  I do not have those. I only have two Associate's. I just recently got my second associates last Sept.  i want to support him in everyway I can, But jobs are scarce.

He's comparing me to his ex who own the same degree as him. he always compare me to other success women, and he wishes i can be like them. I don't want to be like anyother person but me. It just hurts me so bad when i think about these words of his.

I want to be succeful and I want to be independant too. So it just seems like if i dont have those degrees, that means there's no chance for us.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:25 AM
sorry

A_Zmom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:33 AM
Oh hunny, you need to leave his sorry ass. Let his ex have him. And you wait to find someone who will actually love and cherish you for who you are
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I'm sorry. hugs

What you need to do is worry about making you happy and forget about him. He will either be there or he won't but you deserve better. Good luck....I hope things get better soon.

LindaClement
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, you just have to love a man who freaks out when he's about to have a baby.

Because the baby isn't going to go anywhere, even if he leaves.

Make sure the marriage counsellor is married, and has only been married once. Would you go to a computer repairman whose personal computer didn't work?

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I'm so sorry about what you're going through. Trust, once broken, isn't easily repaired and it takes two people to rebuild it again. If he's still talking to his ex, that rebuilding won't ever happen. ((HUGS))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN