Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me win this fight!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I chose this place because they are all for vbacs and I appreciate it that I was able to find a clinic who does this because I've been told alot of doctors are against vbacs.

Anyways, up until a month ago I was told that I would be able to do a vbac by one doctor. And then for the past month I was seeing this midwife who told me that I'm getting a c-section done. I asked if inducing me would be an option and she said no because I had a c-section done before and she was concerned about the incision opening up. My due date was June 23rd so as of today, I'm 3 days late. I have a c-section scheduled this Friday.

I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow who has been nothing but nice to me since day one. I want to make it clear that I really want a vbac and I would like to get induced because I get this c-section done.

There was a mom on here who has inspired me to at least bring the inducing issue to my doctors attention. She replied to one of my posts saying this:

"Honestly it sounds like your doctor isnt completely vbac friendly. I am doing a vbac this time and my doctor hasnt once talked about c-section with me. She told me that we are going to 42wks to give my body the most time possible to go into labor naturally and then she WILL do an induction. Pitocin does increase rupture but its still only a 1% chance and you have to be constantly monitored to watch for signs. Also people birth big babies all the time I think your doctor is just scaring you into c-section. If I were you I would cancel and tell them you wont do a c-section until 42wks."

But my problem is, I've been online researching the risks of getting induced after having a c-section and I can't seem to find any information on how low the percentage is of a risk.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of informational websites that would back me up on being induced before having a c-section.

I am really hoping that I will be able to win this fight.

But if not, then I'll be having this baby on Friday.

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I'm not sure but maybe you should ask in the pregnancy group. 

Join us in the Pregnancy group

cklamour
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM
This. Good luck Hun, either way you'll be a mommy soon!

Quoting LuLuRex:

I'm not sure but maybe you should ask in the pregnancy group. 

Join us in the Pregnancy group

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Do like my friend dont go to ur csection wait till your in active labor then go in good luck hun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I wanted a vbac but thank god I didn't it would have killed my daughter O.o
Hopefull your doctor will listen to you and your wishes can be done :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured