Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

small breast lump moving....scared and feel like my life is over :(

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 68 Replies

Hey there moms and moms to be. Im new to this group and my name is Samantha. Im 26 yrs old and have a beautiful 8 month old baby boy. Im struggling really hard with my body since i've had my baby... its like im learning a whole new body. For me, pregnancy, labor and delivery were more easy for me to handle than this new body that im trying to get to know. I need advice on how your breast change after having a baby. The reason i ask is because when i was doing a routine breast check i found a small moveable lump in my right breast. More to the side of the breast closer to the arm pit rather than in the middle of the breast. I try to catch the lump but as soon as i find it it moves real quick somewhere else in the breast. I so afraid and can't help to think that my life is over. Im crying a lot because i look at my little boy and i don't want him growing up without a mom. I have a doc appoinment tomorrow but i already have diagnosed myself and im pretty sure its breast cancer. Though im still so young. People in my family have said it could be just fat moving around in there but i don't know. Im trying to stay as positive as i can but its becomeing very hard. I really need advice and some positive vibes here. Please help with whatever advice you have. :)

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Do you bf?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM

how big is it?

LuckyShelly
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM

You need to go see your doctor and ask for a mammogram.

Is there a history of Breast Cancer in your family?

It could just be something caused by the pregnancy.

Before you get yourself all worked up, you should really schedule a visit with your doctor.

FTR, my mom has had lumps in her breast and each time she has convinced herself it was cancer, and it turned out to be *fat*.

HUGS

cklamour
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It can be scary but don't be too quick to diagnose yourself :-)

Let me know what happens my bestie fought breast cancer twice and kicked its ass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samantha25572
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I don't think the lump is to big. I can't really get a good feel of it. As quick as i think i have what im suppost to be feeling it moves really quick else where in the breast. I stopped takeing birth control not too long ago so i don't know if im having a reaction to that. I don't see why i would.

momof3070809
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Awww pleaS keep us updated. Praying its nothing but always safe to get it check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samantha25572
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

There is no breast cancer that runs in my family but i did recently stop taking birth control. I thought to that this could be a result of stopping birth control. My dad gets cysts every now and then but they don't move and just stay in one spot. I really don't know what this could be but im hopeing it isn't the worst.

newmamanew2town
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how scary stuff can be... but usually if it moves that is a good thing. I have had two mammagrams- I've been throught those kind of scares ... call your doc and go in-- but dont lose sleep over this-- lumpy breast are common-- especially if the lumps move

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

hugsI hope it turns out to be nothing.

TempestRayne
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Could just be a fibrous cyst, a lump of fat, or even a blood vessel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)