Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Devistating! Prayers appreciated (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 23 Replies
For those not in Colorado we have had fires galore here. The one we are battling now is the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs. Multiple houses have been lost and last night it got close enough to the city that the Air Force Academy was evacuated. I am hearing predictions that this could go for a month. Last count of evacuees I heard was approximately 32,000. We have already lost some areas very dear to the city. Firefighters from all over are doing what little they can. Law enforcement and DOT are doing all they can. I have friends and colleagues literally in the middle of this mess. Any and all prayers would be appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvMyBoy08
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I'm in the springs, it's horrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I'm in complete shock! I spent my entire shift in shock last night. Back to do it again today. We will like need more coverage at some point at work so I volunteered my weekend if they need me. And what makes me angry...every time I turn around I hear somebody complaining about no fireworks. Really?!?!?!?!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
Praying for all going thrrough this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
My husbands family are out there helping there daughter move. She took pics of there back porch of the fire just taking up the Mtn.
My prayers are with you and everyone going thru this tuff time...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_twingirl
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM
i am praying for everyone to stay safe, and hope they dont burn that long. i have friends that just moved out there last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I believe it's been going almost a week. I know my last day of the work week is Thursday and I believe it started before I went on days off last week. This wind here is fighting against us. That's the sad part. No matter how hard they fight it you can't fight mother nature.

Quoting mom_of_twingirl:

i am praying for everyone to stay safe, and hope they dont burn that long. i have friends that just moved out there last year.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I know!! I was in tears yesterday. I'm in shock people are complaining about fireworks......COME ON PEOPLE!!

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I'm in complete shock! I spent my entire shift in shock last night. Back to do it again today. We will like need more coverage at some point at work so I volunteered my weekend if they need me. And what makes me angry...every time I turn around I hear somebody complaining about no fireworks. Really?!?!?!?!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Right?!?! And yesterday on my way to work I saw someone throw a cigarette out their window. Are you kidding me?!?! Let's just start another fire so we can tie up Firefighters that could be going to help with THIS one!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I know!! I was in tears yesterday. I'm in shock people are complaining about fireworks......COME ON PEOPLE!!

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM
It's insane.....some people just don't get it. I'm hoping they get a good handle on the fire today....although the weather may not cooperate again

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Right?!?! And yesterday on my way to work I saw someone throw a cigarette out their window. Are you kidding me?!?! Let's just start another fire so we can tie up Firefighters that could be going to help with THIS one!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Falcon, just east of COS, and my dad and sisters live in eastern COS. I've got friends who've been evacuated. This is awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN