Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
I had a csection Friday. This one is a 180 from the one I had with my son.
With my son I couldn't walk or move for crap for weeks and pain for a year. I had numbness in my legs and back. They used staples, put my spinal up in my shoulders.
With this one my spinal was lower back, they used glue instead of staples, they did 3 surgeries in one, I can move around but it hurts.

Id love to take a bath and soak my muscles, but idk if I can with the glue. Showers feel good but not enough O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrsMommyMiller
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Maybe try a heating pad or a sitz bath (just a little water enough in the tub, not enough to tough the incision)

elizabeth703
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I had 2 c sections and both off them i was in so much pain i had stiches with both of them , i couldnt have a bath until 6 weeks later.....  

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:03 AM

It's too soon for a bath. That area really needs to heal and you don;t want to end up with an infection.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I think your OBGYN or his nurse is the one to ask for this one. I had an emergency c section with my twins and I asked my Doc if he hunted because I felt like I had been gutted like a deer. It made him lol

janicealmetes
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM

no baths for 6 weeks.  this isnt just because of staples or glue, its because u want to avoid potentially allowing water into ur uterus which can cause infection.  i dont know how it is possible, but it is what i was told by my dr after each of my kids.

bwsmommy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I had those strips over my incision and was told when the strips fell off it was bath time .. It took about 3 Weeks .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookienbobosmom
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I would not bathe yet. I know they told me not to soak or swim for an extended time (I've had 5 c-sections) but can't for the life of me remember exactly how long it was...I'm thinking it was around a month for baths!? I'd call the Dr and see to be sure. You don't want to get an infection in there :(

erikadi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Ask your OB.

schatzi869
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:51 AM

I had stitches with my cesarean (I asked for them instead of staples) and I took a shower a few days later. I didn't take a bath until the incision had healed for awhile. I wasn't uncomfortable after the cesarean though, and didn't take any of the pain meds after they weaned me off of the stuff in the iv so I was okay with the showers. 

06katc08
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM
ive had one csection. My sis had 2. We were both told no baths for 6 weeks. But call ur ob and ask what they recommend. Sometimes the receptionist or a nurse can answer common questions if ur dr is unavailable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)