Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any one with experience.....Possible TMI

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I live with this whole host of female "issues" .....it reads more like a botched peace treaty between me and my body. So I have been considering Uterine Cauterization.

From the reports I've read; it's supposed to be a permanent cure for fibroids, uterine cysts, abnormal periods -it becomes a war zone and you're afraid your uterus might be demon posessed-, periods in general (and the world screams "YAY!"), irregular cycles -they come and go and do what they please- female related bloating, cramps and prevent implantation. Totally not looking at this for birth control, we're doing other things for that.

Before I go ahead with this; have any of you had this done? What have these reports NOT said? (un known side effects etc.) What has your experience with Uterine Cauterization been?

Tubal Ligations? Partial Hysterectomy?

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I've had it done, but under the name of Endometrial Ablation. For me, it did give me some relief from my irregular periods, excessive bleeding, etc. I didn't have any side effects from the procedure, but it wasn't a permanent solution for me. I am due to go back and talk to my doctor again because we now believe it's my ovary that's to blame for my issues, and not the endometriosis I had after all.

Join us on the Healthy Moms group!

NevaehRoberts
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont have any info, but wish you best of luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArcticFire
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Thank you and I hope they are able to find a good way to fix your situation. 2yrs ago I had to have an emergency c-section for my daughter. They said that my uterus was almost completely full of cysts and fibroids and that was why I looked so much further along than I should have been. I'm not ready for the hormone changes of a hysterectomy, even partials do that. Saw my mom go through it and no thank you. So I thought this might be the way to go.

Quoting bamababe1975:

I've had it done, but under the name of Endometrial Ablation. For me, it did give me some relief from my irregular periods, excessive bleeding, etc. I didn't have any side effects from the procedure, but it wasn't a permanent solution for me. I am due to go back and talk to my doctor again because we now believe it's my ovary that's to blame for my issues, and not the endometriosis I had after all.

Join us on the Healthy Moms group!

MichelleJ1000
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM
No experience with this but research and second opinion from another doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bmom25
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i too, wish you the best of luck. what is your diet and exercise regime like?

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I haven't experienced it myself, but my coworker had this done. She continued to have issues and had a hysterectomy done a year later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My mother had a total hysterectomy for the same reasons you listed. That was 25+ years ago. To this day she has never had a hot flash or any hormonal problems. She says it was the best thing she ever did for herself.

Genice6
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
After trying to convince my doctor to take my uterus out since I'm done havin kids I told him to leave my ovaries (i don't want menopause I just want no periods) uterine cauterization o r ablation was explained to me as basically burning the uterine lining to the point that periods, fibroids etc. would stop coming back for years and possibly permanent. He told me they prefer to "cauterize" women who are close to menopause. (so he wouldn't cauterize me either lol) so he didn't bother explaining any longterm side effects of it or anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN