Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need Help

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

does anyone know where i can find a good meal plan for my dd...i just wanna ,know how much baby food to give her

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ArcticFire
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Don't worry about how much to give her :) when normal babies are full they lose interest in eating.

LindaClement
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

This:

Quoting ArcticFire:

Don't worry about how much to give her :) when normal babies are full they lose interest in eating.

And, just as an aside: don't take your information from people who make their living from you buying their products.

Your baby doesn't need 'baby food' ... she needs food. When she's developmentally ready for food, and not before. If she is too young to chew and swallow 'normal' food (without pushing it out of her mouth, or choking herself), she's too young to be digesting 'normal' food.

The vast majority of her daily intake should be your milk (or a formulated substitute for your milk that is age-appropriate.) It's the ideal selection of nutrients, attuned to her age, in one of the most calorie-dense forms --and with such a small stomach space, she needs all the nutrient-density she can cram in.

Early food should be flavour and texture exploration, not major calorie intake.

erikadi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:48 AM

American Academy of Pediatrics might be able to help. Baby books are good on that too.

marisab
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:50 PM

def this

Quoting ArcticFire:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN