Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Postpartum Depression, or Life?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I am a mom of 4 kids they are (girl almost 6) (boy almost 4) (girl 2) (boy 5 months). I had really smooth pregnancies and I thought me and my DH were very close. Since the fourth came along our sex life is not there too much and we just don't have any time. Typical day is he goes to work I have the kids all day then he comes home we have dinner then he watches tv, I watch with him or run and do some running around to the store. There are days where I am so frustrated with the kids that by the time DH gets home I am wound up so tight any little thing sets me off. I have no life outside of the kids and DH. Some days we rarly talk. I am a young mom 26 and I just feel like I am missing life. I want to go out and have fun with nature but the kids are so young and DH is tired from working all day. I feel very hopeless and don't have much motivation for anything right now. Even some of the things I used to enjoy don't seem fun? Any ideas? Anyone think this could be postpartum?

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It could be, have you spoken with your doctor?

I'm actually more inclined to believe you're just tired/worn out from taking care of four young children, a house and doing everything necessary to keep it running.  Talk to your husband and see if he's noticed any changes in your mood that should be addressed.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM

It does sound like it could be PPD - talk to your doctor about it. He or she can really help you feel better. ((HUGS))

bbmkfo03
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM

It could be PPD and you should mention it to your doc as soon as you can. Better to get it checked out now than wait to see if it might go away. Also sounds like you've got a lot going on with 4 kids, a house & hubby, etc. so that alone could make a person tired & unmotivated. Good luck :)

ashleighmama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM
This exactly. Good luck mama!

Quoting amonkeymom:

It could be, have you spoken with your doctor?

I'm actually more inclined to believe you're just tired/worn out from taking care of four young children, a house and doing everything necessary to keep it running.  Talk to your husband and see if he's noticed any changes in your mood that should be addressed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:26 AM
Sounds like it could be a combo of both and one just making the other feel worse. I'd talk to the doctor and look into taking a couple hours for you each week. Whether it's locking yourself in your room with a book, picking up an out of the house hobby, just something that's just for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3070809
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:38 AM
Girl I know how u feel. I have 4 kids myself.. Ages are boy 5, boy almost 4, girl almost 3 n girl 7months. Hubby works nights n sleep during the day. Which leaves me with the kids all night n most of the day alone with no help. Here recently I've been doing everything I mean everything. I hate some of the hrs they give my husband. Example last night he had to go to work at 6pm til 9am.. So hes gonna come home go to sleep, then get up around 2 or 3.. Maybe even 4..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN