Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would this work

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am 44 and I am having problems with my periods I only stopped bf five months ago my then 23 month old because I was pregnant Sadly I had a mc So my periods have been bad and all over the place  Cut a long story short  We are going on a road trip at the end of this month right over my due dates (well the last couple of months have been on the same dates ) My friend has just told me to go on the pill!? As this will stop it so no worries  Would that work? I thought it had to be in your system for a couple of months or more to do that and isent it dangerous? I have not taken the pill in over twenty years 
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bleacheddecay
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Birth control pills can regulate your periods to a certain extent and you can even skip periods, if that is what you are asking.

madhouseof5
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM

But wouldn't I have had to be taking them for a couple of months to do that?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Birth control pills can regulate your periods to a certain extent and you can even skip periods, if that is what you are asking.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM

As long as you are on the pill you won't being having a period unless you take the dummy pills. However, you are supposed to start the first batch of pills on the Sunday after your last period. I'm not sure why. I started my first new batch of pills on Friday. Didn't mean to. I was reading the directions, with my days mixed up. LOL.

mlb456
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM
What? Ive always got my period while takin the pill n the pill worked as long as I remember to take it

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

As long as you are on the pill you won't being having a period unless you take the dummy pills. However, you are supposed to start the first batch of pills on the Sunday after your last period. I'm not sure why. I started my first new batch of pills on Friday. Didn't mean to. I was reading the directions, with my days mixed up. LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The pill will lighten your periods significantly, but it may take a couple of months.  However, if you are going on a road trip, you could ask the doc to prescribe them continuously throughout that time.  If you don't take the week of placebos, and go straight to the next pack, you will not have a period.  It's safe.  I've been taking continuous bc pills for several years because of menstrual migraines.  Doing it for a month won't hurt.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I wonder if you should be on them, though, for birth control reasons, a few months to make sure?  Ask your doctor.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM

If you don't take the placebo or dummy pills at the end of the pack and instead start on your next month's pills you can skip periods.

Quoting mlb456:

What? Ive always got my period while takin the pill n the pill worked as long as I remember to take it

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)