Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Father lets daughter touch penis

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

I recently have been setting up playdates for my 2 year old daughter with a single father who also has a 2 year old daughter. We had been haveing 2-3 playdates a week for almost a month now until this single fathertold me his daughter always wants to touch his penis and so he let her. He assured me he only let her do it once and will never let her do it again. His exact words were "Well my daughter always wants to touch it, so I let her because she had to know what it is" In my opinion no 2 year old should be seeing there father naked, especially if she's started asking questions about it,  let alone touching his penis. WHAT DO I DO? If it were my daughter in this situation I'd want someone to tell me. I feel I should tell the childs mother, but how? Also I'm in the middle of a child custody despute with my ex and I fear by telling her could messed up what I might have going for me in court. I'd feel absolutely horrible if something more happened to this little girl all because I didn't say anything. I do believe the father felt there was nothing wrong with what he was doing and that he was teaching her. However he was sexually abused as a child and that just makes you think more. Please help.

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmDinger
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Not sure what to tell you. kinda scared for her, but who knows what is really happening, I think I will say better safe that sorry and try to protect that kid.

camdenp10
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:45 PM

WOW!! WHat the hell was he thinking?? I would look into who I needed to talk to. She may very well be being abused, you never know. I am not one to jump to conclusions like that, but if he is letting her and admitting to it....that would upset me.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM
WTF??!! Stay far away, and call the cops
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bannannagirl
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I would tell the Mom and keep your child away. What does telling Mom have to do with your custody battle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I would observe a little more before I made a decision but that's just me follow your gut.... My husband was sexually abused as a child so was I neither one of us would ever dream of hurting a child in anyway so I don't necessarily think that that's a fair way to base your thoughts but I do understand what your saying if I heard a guy say that it would set of some whistles in my brain too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
06katc08
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt b silent. Not saying she is being abused but unfortunately it happens all too often. Call around and c who u should talk 2. And i definitely would not let my daughter have any more play dates at his house because u just never know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
army_wifey_06
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

WTF??!! Stay far away, and call the cops

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheepy
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

You need to do something and fast.

Sucks For You.

bbmkfo03
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I'd cancel any scheduled play dates with him and consider telling the girls mom. That's not okay!

hollydaze1974
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Little odd that it would come up in general conversation that he was sexually abused on a playdate. Could you elaborate on how that came up as well as how his daughter touching him in common, polite
playdate convesation?
Otherwise I find the whole post questionable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN