Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really need advice and to vent at the sametime

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 16 Replies

Df is disabled and stays home. He isn't used to having 2 kids underfoot and the constant cleaning they require. He wants to go back to work. OK. He complains now that I need to help with the housework more now. I work. I offered to quit my job and he said his expectations would change if I was a SAHM. The 3 he listed was the house would have to be spotless at all times, the kids would have to leave him alone right after he got home, and I left the room with this one; I would be an unwilling sex kitten. Now why do I not have the same respect(except the last one)? I have to do dishes before work and after work some days. I have to fold and put all the laundry away. He wants me to do more housework. What is he doing all day? He should be keeping the house clean right now. You cant clean the living room,not touch it for days and expect it to be clean with an 8 and 2yo living with you. It took a lot for me to offer to quit my job. Its not a lot but I really like it and I have a lot of pride doing it. I also had a bad experience being a SAHM when dd was younger. He says he feels like a glorified housekeeper and is becoming depressed because of it. 

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teenmom0305
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

NO one???

offrdngal
by Terri on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Fuck him!  First off..you aren't married.  Second...who in the hell does he think he is.  I'd tell him to shove his expectations up his ass and then I'd kick his ass to the curb.

rebeccasmly
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Do not quit your job!!! That's the only advice I can give you. He's being a jerk and  you shouldn't have to put up with that.

terramarie
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM
ummm there is no way in hell I would tolerate that shit. Seriously!? He wants you to open up whenever the hell he wants it even if you don't. He stays at home IMO he should be doing the things a SAHM would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Those are ridiculous demands I would have junk punch him. Especially that last demand shows how little respect he has for you. I would suggest seriously reconsidering your future together because it sounds like you want different things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM
This exactly!

Quoting terramarie:

ummm there is no way in hell I would tolerate that shit. Seriously!? He wants you to open up whenever the hell he wants it even if you don't. He stays at home IMO he should be doing the things a SAHM would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM
A friggen men! Seriously?!? I mean if you don't have an outside job you need to keep a perfect home, not allow the kids to "bug" him (and eff that since he is a DAD!) and be a f**k toy? Yet this a hole can't do the dishes or even remotely live up to his own expectations!??? Kick his ass to the curb, and junk punch him while you do!! What a major dick!

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Those are ridiculous demands I would have junk punch him. Especially that last demand shows how little respect he has for you. I would suggest seriously reconsidering your future together because it sounds like you want different things

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freshmom88
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM
He sounds like a complete ASS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HyperMom38
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM

This:

Quoting boshs1andonly:

momof6nokc
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM

First, do not quit your job.  Someone has to support your family besides Joe Taxpayer.

How "disabled" is your DF?  Is he ever going back to work or will he sit on his ass the rest of his life?  Is that something you can tolerate?

Is any of this situation livable to you?  You work, he sits home, you do all the housework and have to be his "sex kitten".

Think very long and very hard about whether you are willing to live the rest of your life with a man who is "disabled" and wants you to do all the work for the family. 

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN