Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant with baby #3

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does going from 2 to 3 kids change things a lot?

My oldest will be 7 is September and my yongest just turned 2 a few weeks ago. Yesterday I found out I am expecting baby #3. My yongest is a mommies boy. I think my oldest will be excted and happy to help but I think my yongest might have trouble accepting that mommy is holding another baby. I will be potty training soon and reenforing that he is a big boy not a baby, but I am nervous of how it will go the first few months. I am not to worried about my 7 yr old, she is an amazing big sister to my 2 yr old an dalways egar to help and stuff I think she will be happy and involved I am worried that my 2 yr old will feel differently. He doesn't like it when my 7 yr old sits on my lap and my husband is hugging me even.

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RubyLu
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:28 AM

So two different thoughts, but none with a middle child baby boy...

I was a middle child, 7 years older than my little sister. I was a Daddy's Girl, and couldn't stand it when she got my Dad's attention. When she was a baby, I was kind of a meanie to her ( took toys) but after she started crawling, I wasn't as mean. We get along great now, 20 years later lol...

My sister's kids: 4 kids, 2 daughters are middle children. They are OBSESSED with helping their mom with everything. They beg to change diapers, and will do anything she asks them to if it is for their little sister. They are great with her. But my sister is really good at giving each kid their "mommy and me" time. Her oldest is great to, because he has to protect all of his younger sisters.

I would think if you get your son excited about it, he will do great. Plus he's young enough to still be in the sharing mode. I wasn't at 7, so I was a jerk lol

Good Luck!!

wubbunny420
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

i have 4 kids and honestly to me the biggest change was going from 1 to 2. After that it just didnt seem as hard to me lol

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Lots of reassurance after the new baby comes, extra attention to both of your older children when the new baby comes- it is hard to do because they are more independent, but they'll both need to be assured by your behavior toward them that you love them all.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I only have one so far (TTC for 2 years), but coming from a family of 5 brothers and 2 sisters (and now a step sister!) The more you add the easier it gets....because we keep each other busy, LOL

kimmaylove013
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I have a 5yr old and a 29 month old (just under 2.5yrs) and we just added baby #3 Alan memorial day.

It really hasn't changed Ds1 is very independent and for the most part helpful. Dd she's my buddy (I call her my snuggle bug because she always either trying to snuggle or sitting so close to me I feel like we are one person) she's always loved babies and she takes care of her "babies" too I always joke she's going to make an amazing mommy one day. And she adores her new little brother.

I think it's a process even before the baby comes but not shoving it down their throats. Asking them if they want to help don't force it. But really I think going from 1 to 2 is more of a transition than 2 to 3.
rpowers12
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I found from 2 to 3 one of the hardest even after everyone said it wouldn't be. I went from 3 to 4 and the only problem is learning how to balance it all. Now I am going from 4 to 5.

butterflycircle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Going from 1 to 2 was easy for us b/c our daughter was 4 or 5 and in pre school and she is such a big helper too. This time i have a mommified little boy who will not even be 3 when the baby gets here. So I am afraind that going form 2 to 3 will be more trouble mostly with my 2 yr old. 

bwsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM
The hardest for me was going from 1 to 2 .. and now I'm going from 3 to 4 .. kinda scared .. but my oldest is 11 second is 9 and 3rd is 5 .. all will be in school :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallo8485
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I agree with this. I have 4 kids also (3 boys then a girl) and the biggest adjustment was between 1 and 2. The first week after my 3rd son was born was hard on my 2nd son (my 1st son was always the dream big brother even at 2 lol) but after that it was fine. my last son and my daughter was a simple adjustment because they are really close in age so it was nothing to make the adjustment from 3 to 4

Quoting wubbunny420:

i have 4 kids and honestly to me the biggest change was going from 1 to 2. After that it just didnt seem as hard to me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured