Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

DAUGHTER GOT A BDAY CARD FROM "DONOR"

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

IDK what to think & neither does she! Sat. was her 7th bday! Today, my Mom called & said that HJ got 3 bday cards from her biological father & his family! After not seeing her in almost a year, they send her cards!! 1 was addressed from him & the other 2 were addressed from his last name (that's how PaPa always addressed his mail)!! She's terriffied of her biological father!! She doesn't know what to think!! Should I go over there & get them for her or just throw them away?? She loves/misses her Granny & PaPa & brother & sister...I know they miss her too, but they don't have anything to do w/her anymore!! IDK what to do?

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamakenzi
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I would get them and put them up if she doesn't want to read them now. She may want them later in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting mamakenzi:

I would get them and put them up if she doesn't want to read them now. She may want them later in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naumann24
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM
This or you could go get them and tell her you can open and read them with her if she wants. Just let her know u support her decision either way.

Quoting mamakenzi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I would get them and let her decide if she wants to read them.

gigules04
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

That's what I was thinking!! The last card she got was a year ago & she wanted to tear it up a couple of months ago when she found it! I convinced her not to b/c she might want it when she gets older! She told her Daddy that she wanted to open the ones from Granny & PaPa & not her biological father's! I sent them pictures last year of her & they were sent back to me! It hurt me so bad that they did that!

Quoting mamakenzi:

Malley
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's her mail, but she's only 7 so I'd open them up and read them myself first before I made a decision. I wouldn't let her read something that could potentially upset her.

gigules04
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

UPDATE:

Well, My Hubby, Hayley Jade & I went to Mom's yesterday & got HJ's bday cards! We read them first, before we let her read them! It's been almost a year & a half & he gave her $11!! LMBO...they were all signed from "I love you, love Daddy" (yeah right, it should've been Donor)! They ALL said that "I hope you get these cards & $! We all love & miss you!! " HJ looks @ my Hubby & says "I just want the $, you can throw away the cards since they're not from Granny, PaPa, or her bro/sis, ok Daddy! lol" The cards themselves were sweet, so why did he have to writ on them...lol! One card had a $5 bill, & the other two had $3 in them! WOW...$11! The only reason she wanted the $ was to make it an even $60 that she got from her bday! When we got home, I put them up...she might want them when she becomes a teenager or another time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)