Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Joann From Bensonhurst on Immigration (via Italian Bread and Falafel)

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 93 Replies

Joann's own family were immigrants from Italy, and she has very strong opinions (natch) about our country's current immigration situation.

See what advice she has for a viewer who complains that no one in her neighborhood speaks English! (About 3:20 into the video.)

Do you live in a community with a large immigrant population?
Incidentally, I do, and frankly I find it wonderful to have a glut of amazingly good and cheap Indian and Middle Eastern restaurants in the neighborhood. ;)

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, there's immigrants all around me! I love it. Legal or not. :)

britniwheeler
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
20 moms liked this

The only thing that I think is sad is that there are so many Americans with out jobs, yet we are giving grants for education and preference for jobs to Immigrants. Shouldn't we take care of those who are already here?

LittleBirdFly
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree!

Quoting britniwheeler:

The only thing that I think is sad is that there are so many Americans with out jobs, yet we are giving grants for education and preference for jobs to Immigrants. Shouldn't we take care of those who are already here?

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

immigrants are all around some legal some not ..

ihave1
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree w/ this too.  Also I would like to disagree w/ the first lady.  If you are here illegally you need to get out.

Quoting LittleBirdFly:

I agree!

Quoting britniwheeler:

Melanie420
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
16 moms liked this

I dont have a problem with immigrants, I have a problem with illegal ones

Pnukey
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Exactly. 

Quoting Melanie420:

I dont have a problem with immigrants, I have a problem with illegal ones

EmmaGlenn20
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Same here in Canada :(

Quoting britniwheeler:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ultra_
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

No that doesn't make sense. We're all valuable people. One is not more valuable than the other for being a citizen a certain country. We should all be helping everyone, in America and all around the world. Nothinggets better because so many people are focused on helping only certain people and until people "get" the bigger picture....well.

Quoting britniwheeler:

firaerty
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM
11 moms liked this
Grants are not available to illegals. And let's face it the jobs the illegals take at 2$/hr for tough manual labor are not the kind we'd apply for anyhow. Yes we should take care of the ones here, yes we should not encourage illegal immigration but we cannot ignore the fact that they exist and are not leaving whether we like it or not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)