Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Just found out my neighbors Father is out of prison and hunting them down.

Posted by   + Show Post

I live in a really nice town home complex, we have had a few issues with noisy neighbors, kids being obnoxious, and had a few break-ins which turned out to be people that knew the victims. 
We have great night time lighting in the complex (we call them prison lights because they are so bright) so we feel safe going out at night.

So last night my husband is taking the dog out to do her business and a man comes RUNNING around the neighboring townhouse block, then yanks open a window and jumps in. We called 911 and the police showed up 2 seconds after he ran out of the house with his arms full of stuff.
They didn't catch him, and found the house empty (people had moved out) They think he lived there and was getting his stuff he left. But in the mean time, our other neighbors called a cop over to show him something, we had no clue what it was about and went inside.  

Well this morning I walked outside and there is a huge moving truck at my neighbors (The ones that called over the cops). So I asked if they were moving. They said their lease wasn't up till September but last night her father, who just got out of prison, had hung a handkerchief on their door knob. He apparently has been sending them death threats for a few weeks and found out where they lived last night (the hanky was letting them know). So they are moving into a friends but leaving a few things till their lease is up in Sept. 

I really thought this place was safe, but I guess you never know.
I plan on getting the magnetic alarms for the windows and doors in the next few days, I just can't believe this.

We just renewed our lease, so moving is not an option.
I am very thankful that my husband has a shotgun and knows how to use it.  

Cloth diapering, Co-sleeping, Toddler wearing, breastfeeding advocate, ERFing, attachment parenting, home schooling, hippie at heart!
 TTC a 2013 Baby!!!!!!
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-12):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I know how :) I just prefer not to, I don't like the kick back. But I know how if I need to. 

Quoting BaileynMe:

Maybe it's time for you to learn to use the shotgun too.

Cloth diapering, Co-sleeping, Toddler wearing, breastfeeding advocate, ERFing, attachment parenting, home schooling, hippie at heart!
 TTC a 2013 Baby!!!!!!
DarlaHood
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

No place is exempt from freak things happening.  These are not signs that you live in a bad neighborhood.  They are just random circumstances.  I can understand that it shakes you a little, but really you are as safe as you ever were there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)