Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Circumcising my 2 yr old.

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
  • 251 Replies
2 moms liked this

So when my son was born the Dr that circumcised him did not take off enough skin. Since then I have asked several Dr's about circumcising him but they told me at the time to give it about a yr. and he will grow into it (grow into the skin) Well he just made 2 and still has the same problem and it appears that he was never circumcised, I'm thinking about getting it done over but I really don't want my son to suffer.Has anyone else had their child circumcised when he was older.

UPDATE!! So come to find out my little one is just well endowed so the extra skin that was left is a necessity. So my husband and I have decided to leave him be, according to his pediatrician he will need it! Thanks for all the comments and advice.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM
6 moms liked this
Not circumcision but my son had surgery for undecended testicles just before turning 5. It hurt him so bad :( it took a week before he could stop taking tylenol with codiene and wear clothes again. Its a very sensitive area and if it had not been medically necessary there is no way I would have put him through it. His was a very minor surgery for it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Is it hurting him or causing issues?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanijohnson
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:23 AM
9 moms liked this
Ouch! I would leave him be. My son is 15 months not circumcised and no issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyfusilier
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Quoting themissheather:

No, it's not causing him any issues but i know that when he gets a little older and is able to bathe himself that it may be a problem with him being able to clean that area properly, because I have heard that it can become infected if you don't clean it good.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:51 AM
4 moms liked this
None of the males in hubbys family are circed and no issues. Ds has none from not being done either

Quoting ladyfusilier:

Quoting themissheather:

No, it's not causing him any issues but i know that when he gets a little older and is able to bathe himself that it may be a problem with him being able to clean that area properly, because I have heard that it can become infected if you don't clean it good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Jenny on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:54 AM
7 moms liked this
Why not just leave it alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyfusilier
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Quoting babie113:

You sound like my husband, lol, he has been saying the exact same thing. Since it's not bothering him I probably won't go through with it. I was just mainly concerned about hygiene

babie113
by Jenny on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Non of my male family members are circd and they haven't had problems. My son is intact also and 3 still no problems. Besides they botched the first attempt what's to say they wind do worse next time? My dh has a scar on his tip from his circ he wishes he wasent done. Plus why not let they boy decide when he's a adult and can do his own research?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanijohnson
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:02 AM
9 moms liked this
Just teach your son how to wash his penis properly and that will take care of the hygiene concerns.

Quoting ladyfusilier:

Quoting babie113:

You sound like my husband, lol, he has been saying the exact same thing. Since it's not bothering him I probably won't go through with it. I was just mainly concerned about hygiene

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Jenny on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Get dh to show him how to clean it and just make sure he showers often enough. If dh doesn't know get him on YouTube there are some videos on on to clean properly there .

Quoting ladyfusilier:

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)