Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone one tried the diaper free 3day potty training method

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I've never tried that one, we just kinda go with the flow when it comes to potty training, ask them a lot read books on it to them, that sort of thing.  

Chymerra
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Same here.

Quoting gacgbaker:

I've never tried that one, we just kinda go with the flow when it comes to potty training, ask them a lot read books on it to them, that sort of thing.  

darchaAimee
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
What is the diaper free method? My son goes naked a lot at home (cuz we r potty training too) he is 2 1/2 and I get 3 day wknds. He does get a diaper or pull up at nap time or bed time. Even naked he will pee on the floor but he has never pooped on the floor. But I have noticed that he is more likely to go to his potty (when he is in the right mood) and even go alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baxley2323
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM

potty train the whole weekend no diapers go potty every 30 mins or so if she can can tell you if she's has to go potty or anything make them alot of sailty foods and drink of water and juice and let them go in the potty with you and even after you get done do a potty dance so wen they do it you can do it with them and it really helps and the first day you go out for an hr after thye go potty in only pants and a shirt not diaper nothing and let them play bring a portable potty with you and let them go if them need and the second day you do the same thrid they should have not had any accdents they say it's ok if they have slip ups and if they really arnt doing well with getting it down try it a month later but it can start as early as 15 months and she likes to get this done befor 28 months

Quoting darchaAimee:

What is the diaper free method? My son goes naked a lot at home (cuz we r potty training too) he is 2 1/2 and I get 3 day wknds. He does get a diaper or pull up at nap time or bed time. Even naked he will pee on the floor but he has never pooped on the floor. But I have noticed that he is more likely to go to his potty (when he is in the right mood) and even go alone.

TempestRayne
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Nope, sure haven't.

hehehe
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

hahaha....potty training with such structure is a recipe for disaster if the CHILD isn't ready. If they don't know the feeling of having to pee, there's really nothing you can do to make it smooth. Once they know the feeling, there's no struggle, there's no "go out for an hour, ask every 30 minutes, blah blah blah" Both of my children let ME know when they figured it out. Yes, we talked about it, yes, we had a potty for them in the livingroom, yes I tried to get them interested. But, nothing was successful until THEY chose to do it. I'm a very firm believer that this is how it's done with the least amount of frustration.

startupscafe
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  It works.  It cuts out so much time and the method is really effective.  They realize that if they have to go potty that nothing is there to catch it.  They are more aware. 

It depends on the child, but I recommend it. 

LindaClement
by Linda on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

No.

My kids figured it out, as quickly as they could, when they were interested. We never, ever had a single 'accident'. You can't push development faster, even with detailed 'methods.'

caro100
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:33 PM

It sounds like a lot of trouble for something that they will figure out, I had more trouble with number two training.  Try it though and see, if it works for you, it could be pretty awesome for some people, however I only get one weekend a month and it is a three day weekend, I wouldn't want to tie myself down for that weekend.  I don't think bringing a porta potty along with everything else you bring with young kids appeals to me.

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, with both my kids and it worked for both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured