Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you send or sent your children to a Montessori school

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you know any parenting books that lend themselves to the method well ? I'm specfically looking for something that is going to mesh with Montessori. I'm sorry for any redundancy, I'm posting this in several groups trying to reach the most moms because I know it's not a really popular topic. Thanks.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I am not sure--     I have read books about/by Maria Montessori though.

Are you only looking for books with that philosophy or are you also looking into others too, like Waldorf, Reggio, etc?

Moniker
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

So have I, I just wish that I could find something that would apply more to parenting that aligns well with the method. I looked on amazon and everything is educational. I've read a little about that but it's not what I'm looking for at the moment. I hadn't really thought about Waldorf or Reggio. I don't know much about either but what I know about Reggio, I was left thinking, gee that sounds a lot like Montessori. I don't know how accurate the info I had was.

trebelcleff
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I'll ask some of the parents at our Montessori school... I put up a note on the facebook page, so when I get a response I'll let you know!

Moniker
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Quoting trebelcleff:

I'll ask some of the parents at our Montessori school... I put up a note on the facebook page, so when I get a response I'll let you know!

That sounds wonderful. Thank you!

trebelcleff
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quoting Moniker:

Quoting trebelcleff:

That sounds wonderful. Thank you!

No problem!  It might take a few days with it being summer, but hopefully someone will have some idea... if not, I'll ask the director of the school for her opinion when she gets back from vacation since I'm sure she'll have one or two suggestions at least!

doulala
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Moniker:

So have I, I just wish that I could find something that would apply more to parenting that aligns well with the method. I looked on amazon and everything is educational. I've read a little about that but it's not what I'm looking for at the moment. I hadn't really thought about Waldorf or Reggio. I don't know much about either but what I know about Reggio, I was left thinking, gee that sounds a lot like Montessori. I don't know how accurate the info I had was.

Here are some suggestions~
I haven't ready these but you can take a look and see what you think.
:-)

How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way

Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense

Montessori Insights for Parents of Young Children: Applying Montessori Principles in the Home

Playful Parenting

Personally I prefer Waldorf,  but some quick searches online might give you some ideas.

GL!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Quoting doulala:

Quoting Moniker:

Here are some suggestions~

I haven't ready these but you can take a look and see what you think.

:-)

How To Raise An Amazing Child the Montessori Way

Child of Mine: Feeding with Love and Good Sense

Montessori Insights for Parents of Young Children: Applying Montessori Principles in the Home

Playful Parenting

Personally I prefer Waldorf,  but some quick searches online might give you some ideas.

GL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
We attend a motessori- based prek but don't read up on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured