Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my daughter isnt reaching her milestones

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM
  • 12 Replies
My daughter turned 4mnth on the 11th I looked up milestones and she is not reaching them first she giggles, response to play, she coo's and has found her voice I guess you could say but it said she should be able to responed to her name, grab things and drop it to pick it up, shake a raddle to make noise and roll from belly to back she can't roll but at the same time Im always holding her so she doesnt get alot of belly time and for pickingthings up, she'll start to reach for things I can tell shes focused in and goes to grab but she doesnt make it all the way and when she does she loses focus and does something else and for a rattle nope she cant get that yet should I be worried its kinda freaking me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissamom224
by Brianna on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM
She does not responed to her name either?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katt709
by Katharine on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like she's fine. Those milestone charts are guidelines. Every baby is different. If you are truly concerned, talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaNeeNee
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:13 AM
This.. Just give her a little more time. Make sure to get belly time in! Start with only a min or two and work up to at least 15 mins per day. Does she seem to move her arms and legs ok?

Quoting Katt709:

It sounds like she's fine. Those milestone charts are guidelines. Every baby is different. If you are truly concerned, talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetgrlangel
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:18 AM

my daughter just turned 6 months old and has only been rolling for a couple weeks.  She hates HATES hates tummy time.  She has learned that her brothers will roll her over if she cries loud enough, daddy will too.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Dont go by everything a book has to say...all babies are different and develop different.  Head Start has a birth to three program if you are concerned with her development.  Or talk to her dr. 

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Kids all work on different things at their own time....dont let THIS freak u out! Lol...
ChT w ur peid next visit.. But i dont thnk u have much to worry about. You mention u hold her and her brothers help her... Well, when other people do stuff, we dont have to. Lol... Whxih probably explains the slight delay.... If given the opportunity, im sure she will do all this and more! Hugs
rissamom224
by Brianna on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Yeah she using everything fine she sits up with just holding my finger and can stand only using my fingers

Quoting MamaNeeNee:

This.. Just give her a little more time. Make sure to get belly time in! Start with only a min or two and work up to at least 15 mins per day. Does she seem to move her arms and legs ok?

Quoting Katt709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Katt709:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsaes
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:26 AM
All kids develop at different speeds. I don't see how they can say kids need to be doing certain things at a certain time. She will get it when she's ready. I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjsaes
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM
All kids develop at different speeds. I don't see how they can say kids need to be doing certain things at a certain time. She will get it when she's ready. I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)