Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

No bleeding

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
  • 6 Replies

I know for a fact I'm not pregnant. But lately my body has been skipping the bleeding part of my period. I get insane cramps, bloating, all the typical stuff. But I bleed not even for an hour. I was switched to a different BC so that I'd actually bleed since it's causing problems. I'm due for my period and still nothing. I'm not cramping as much on this pill. I hate this so much :( It hurts and they don't know why. Can it cause serious problems if I go too long without an actual period? Lately all I get is just bloody mucus.

My doctor said if these pills still give me problems after next month then she's thinking about trying no BC at all. I' so scared about not being on BC because of my cramps getting worse, not knowing when I'm supposed to have my period, my skin breaking out, horrible mood swings and getting pregnant. 

Has anyone else just not get a period and was there a reason why? I know BC can make you skip a period but shouldn't it not cause problems?

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mizzamber86
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM

i was on implanon and i didnt have a period for three years it really didnt cause me any problems occasionally i would have the cramps and bloating but that was about it!! i wouldnt get it again lol but yeah i didnt have any health problems

thePBandJmom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I haven't had  a period in 3 years. I was on the depo shot for 2 years and then had an Implanon put in about a year ago.

jobberwocky
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I have pcos and would go for a year without a period. However bc pills have fixed that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

i went a lil over a year without a period...i never got checked out tho, i just enjoyed not getting it..LOL..so yaaa, i'm of no help, sorry!  i would ask your dr tho.

bbmkfo03
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I would ask your doctor. It is normal to skip periods while taking birth control though. How many times (and in how many months) have you switched birth controls? Your body might be confused by all the switching so many no BC for a while might help.

salamandersmom
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM

The only times I missed my periods was when I was pregnant or nursing, or when I was in Basic Training.  Back then, they figured the stress and excercise of BMT was what caused the missed periods.  Of course I had no other symptoms, and considered it a real blessing!!  Are you absolutely sure you're not preggers?  Accidents can happen while on BC.  Otherwise, I only took BC for a short while, it made me gain a ton of weight, which was a NO-NO in the  military, so I went off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN