Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advise on child having prob. But never been diagnosed yet

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
Anyone who thinks they mite b able to help plz
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM
What issue????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nay25
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Well she is 7 now but ever since age 3 we noticed she would stretch her arm out an like tence them up like she was straining you could see it in her face also and she would make grunting sounds At first she only do it when she get excited r when she be playing with toys r blocks on floor and shed line um up all neat n a row she get happy an do it but now she does it no matter what and we have seen doctors and had tests done like an e.e.g on her brain and they can't find nothing but yet her school notices it she does it al school we've justz been lucky enough to have nice teachers so far but she gonna be in first tis yr and scared she mite it be Abel to get it an keep up an focus cause she is easily distracted
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Welcome.

You might need to talk to a behavioral pediatrician about these issues.

Quoting Nay25:

Well she is 7 now but ever since age 3 we noticed she would stretch her arm out an like tence them up like she was straining you could see it in her face also and she would make grunting sounds At first she only do it when she get excited r when she be playing with toys r blocks on floor and shed line um up all neat n a row she get happy an do it but now she does it no matter what and we have seen doctors and had tests done like an e.e.g on her brain and they can't find nothing but yet her school notices it she does it al school we've justz been lucky enough to have nice teachers so far but she gonna be in first tis yr and scared she mite it be Abel to get it an keep up an focus cause she is easily distracted

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I would get an appointment with a specialty pediatrician.  It could be a few things or just a quirk of hers.

M_Williams
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM
My son does the same thing he's 11 months and he looks mad and tensed. I think it's anxiety, simply because me and his fsther have it. Does she ever act anxious?! But I would check with a dr!

Quoting Nay25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM
My nephew does something similar since he was about one. It is usually a way to get some energy out. It took about 6 years and he was diagnosed with aspergers which is a high functioning form of autism. It was a surprise because he will look you in the eyes, smile, and address people. You should have a behavioral psychologist evaluate your daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nay25
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Quoting Quinn525:

My nephew does something similar since he was about one. It is usually a way to get some energy out. It took about 6 years and he was diagnosed with aspergers which is a high functioning form of autism. It was a surprise because he will look you in the eyes, smile, and address people. You should have a behavioral psychologist evaluate your daughter.

Nay25
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Wow, I'm gonna find one and make an app. I'll try anything at this point. Worried bout school don't want her to get tesed. Thanks so much
Nay25
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Now I used to have a lot of quirks and bad habits but grew out of most of um, and I thought that also mite be a possibility too that it was a bad habit and she would grow out of it which I still hope that is what it is kinda like the tipie toes thing I use to walk on my toes when I was young but I grew out of it and that's another thing she does al the time lao much that her dr. Put her in physical therapy but didn't help sha baby y'all should see her she does it so perfect that she would be a perfect dancer r balareina like seriously we though so much bout putting her in Somthing like that I still mite. I had put her in t-ball and even the other team would cheer and say o how cute she was cause y'all know how u really can't tell apart any of the players somthmes cause they all lil kids n same uniforms out n the field but her everyone new who she was and where is was at all times cause even when she'd run frm. base to base it'd b on her toes all the way too cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)