Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

As my daddys on his death bed he tells me I have a little sister.....

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM
  • 149 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok, so not little anymore. About 25 he says. He didn't give me names. Just told me a story of how when he and my mom got divorced he had an affaire with a married woman who was mad at her husband for getting a vasectomy after 2 kids. But then she went back to her husband and back then my father had no say to a married womans child. Even though she was his child too. He saw the baby twice then the family threatened his life. Now my Dad is so far gone after his stroke I have no more to go on. What can I do? This is a crime done to not only my Dad but to this girl and our whole family.
Edit: Just to add a little history. My parents divorce didn't go well. They ended up taking my yonger brother and I and splitting us up. Mom taking him, Dad me. So from 10 months old my brother didn't live with dad. From 2 years old I didn't live with mom. Our older brothers were able to choose as they were much older. My mom moved to MN from WI. My little brother never developed a real relationship with our father or I. So this happened to my father basically twice. I know it won't chanch things for him now. But knowing my siblings means so much too me.
My father had 2 strokes and is not going to last long. I think he's hanging on because of all this. His doctor has no clue how he's still alive. He's on hospice now but I wont do any more harm to this girl.
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:47 PM
8 moms liked this

Can you afford a private investigator?

Other than that, with so little to go on there is not a lot you can do. 

Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I am sorry about your Dad's ill health. I suspect there is nothing you can do unless you find something in his papers.  In one way it is best to leave the other family alone, but on the other hand the woman should know her biological history so she can be given informed treatment for illnesses that may occur. I don't know if hiring a private investigator would be an option.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:55 PM

How old is the supposed sibling?

mama2my2boys
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM
op said it right in the post......25
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HitMe
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow good luck with finding out more information! Do you know anything more? Dates, times, state? That may help some!

Bleacheddecay
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

If the supposed sibling is 25 I would just contact her. Just the two of you. No one else. See if she wants to be in touch or not.

MelisaAnderson
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Wow, wonder if anybody in your family remembers the womans name that he dated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
6 moms liked this
I actually feel in situations like that sometimes it is better to keep the family dynamic in place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Averys_mom87
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting crwspringer:

I actually feel in situations like that sometimes it is better to keep the family dynamic in place.

I agree, to this day no one knows who my dad's bio dad was. The ones that did know took it to their grave.

Lithale
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
9 moms liked this

Sometimes the past is better left there.This would be one of those situations I'd imagine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN