Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I need answers.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

Is holding your 2 month old all the time a bad thing?

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I say no. I held mine all the time. 

My parents said I was spoiling him and he'd be clingy. Well he's definitely not. He's very independent almost 3 year old.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Not "bad" but you need to start allowing the child to learn to be self entertaining and independent.  You need to know that while you may be out of sight, he isn't out of mind and leaving him to cry isn't being mean.  

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Well, I find it weird to do that while you're in the shower.  Or pooping.

;-)

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:11 PM
LOL

Quoting Sagely:

Well, I find it weird to do that while you're in the shower.  Or pooping.

;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM
It isnt bad. But like a CoeyG said babies do need to learn to self entertain and be independent. I held one of my sons way too much when he was a baby. I felt bad setting him down. I ended up stressing myself out and not getting stuff done like dishes, laundry, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Do what you want to do...momma's instincts know best...no, it isn't a bad thing.  they're only that little once, and for a VERY short time. 

WackadooMom
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it's the right thing as long as you and baby are happy.
aidenmommy2011
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM
It is t bad. I held or wore my ds when he was small all day. He is a independent 15month old now and knows that if he needs me or wants me I am here and will always be and that has made him more independent. I say hold your baby as much as you want. It's great bonding and baby will be much happier and calmer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

This is the concept of the "peek a boo" games  we play with babies.  We cover their eyes or pretend to "go away" and then poof we pop back up.  That is what you are teaching your child when you leave them to their own devices.  You teach them that while you may not be right there at that moment that you will be back.  And during the time that you are not in the same area as the baby, talk to him.  I used to hold complete conversations with my daughter while I was in another room for whatever reason.  

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I say no! I held my babies all the time when they were that age (they are now 4 years old and almost 9 months old) and they are really indepdent especially my 4 year old!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)