Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My daughter Morgan will be 6 months on August 13 and we have been using dreft on her clothes. My question is..at what age can we start using regular detergent because dreft is starting to become too expensive to buy along with our regular detergent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
tennisgal
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM

switch to a free and clear, there is no need for dreft.

godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Its expensive but smell so good. I use to use draft on my babies clothes when they were babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjoshea
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I was told that Dreft is just watered down Tide, so I wouldn't think it is a big deal to change.  You might just want to pay attention to how much you use per load with your DD's clothes.

sarahsmommy508
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
They make a cheaper baby soap brand its like 2.97 at Wal-Mart but I use ALL free and clear same thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I never used that, but I did use All Free and Clear until my son was 2 (a lot of our family has sensitive skin, so I was being cautious).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

ive nevver used dreft, if you read the lables yoll see it has more chemicals  from coloring and fragrance than a lot of normal detergents.

we use arm&hammer

saltyalley1227
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I buy free and clear arm & hammer detergent. It's like a third of the price and works just as well and won't irritate the skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajmurphy
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

with my first i used dreft until we ran out of it( people gave it to us for the baby) after that i used a hypoallergenic fragrance free one. we the second, i didnt use dreft at all just the hypallergenic fragrance free i use for everyone

Angeleyes_6
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM
My baby is almost 6 months and I still use dreft but if money is tight I use woolite for delicates. I plan on using dreft or woolite til she is a year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Dreft is just regular detergent with "baby" scent added.  That is why it costs more.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)