Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What age do you prefer your Family Doctor to be? I think that maybe the older the better because they know more about the medical field but also the younger Doctors know about the new medical practice as the old ones might not? 

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (11-17):
smilesmile
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Thank you! I am sure you would know, being a nurse.

Quoting Nursesummer:

Younger doctors know the newest medical trends and are open to different treatments. Older established docs are more restrained and more knowledgable. Also younger docs will to lots of needless test just to make money.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don't care as long as they aren't pushy with medical intervention. We actually have a Holistic Practitioner and he is older, he has a son in College. He knows a lot about holistic medicine and doesn't push vaccines on us :) We love him!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I never really thought about it.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

i dont think it really matters...but with that being said, lol, i do prefer older ones, just cuz i feel like they know more.....( i know, i totally contradicted myself..lol)

angie2568
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

? I dont think about age. I ask where they graduated from, did they specialize in a specific item, how long have they practiced, where did they intern.

I always went to a family physician practice, my sons always went to a Peds practice and my daughter up till a month ago went to the same family phy office I did, but now she is where my boys are.

I guess it depends on specific patient expectations.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I worked for different doctors before. Some older, some younger. Much much prefer the ones around 30 ish. I don't like old school docs. I am 50 now but was working in my 20s and early 30s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wodntulk2kno1
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I use to have an older doctor who retired and left his practice to two young doctors. He hand picked these two. I can honestly say I have been very happy not only because they have new ideas on my health problem that has been going in for years. He also picked a male and female doctor so my kids go to the same sex doctor and they actually listen and are comfortable to talk about anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)