Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Im start ing to think everybody was right..... The second child is never as good as the first!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My first is 6 1/2 and she was the best baby, toodler and now child you could ever be around. She was so good that we werent going to have anymore. My hubby didnt want to chance having a monster. Well we got a surprise pregnancy and she is now 11 1/2 months and at first we thought how could we get so lucky to have two good babies. She was and still is a g ood sleeper but she was always so laid back until a few weeks ago and now she is the monster we awere scared of. I am to the point that I dont want to go anywhere because she whines, cries or throws tantrums when she dont get her way. And I dont know how to handle it because my first wasnt like this. Everybody told us the seconds are never as good..... Now I see.... LOL!!!! Did anybody have a second child that was as good or better than the first?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-46):
ajmurphy
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

my daughter is 2 and she can be a drama queen but all in all she is a pretty good kid...just spoiled bc she is the only grand daughter ha. my son is only 3 months old, but he is the happiets laid back baby despite some health concerns. i am hoping he stays that way to balance the "wild" child lol...

lady-J-Rock
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

My first child was (is) a spoiled rotten brat. she was an olnly child for 7 years. Our second child is high mantenance throws horrible tantrums is also a girl and our third baby is a boy, he is the sweetest little boy ever, never fusses, sleeps well. is always happy unless he is hungry.

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I'll see how things are as they get older, but so far, my second is a much easier baby than my first was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
khug72
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Having two or more kids is a lot harder, especially if you compare two completely different individuals to each other. My second child is completely differest than my first but she is such a wonderful joy to be around. Not easier, just different. They will each have their moments where one is easier than the other. Enjoy their individuality instead of comparing them, it will make you happier.

MamaNurse07
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I just read your description of your 3 kids and I wish I could invite you over for a Margarita! We have an angel of a 5 year old and are trying to decide if we should go thru IVF for a second due to a ruptured pregnancy... and looking for suggestions, opinions. We were each the oldest of 2, and I can't imagine just having one. 

pjnsydsmoma
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Both my DD and my DS were "good" babies, as in they didn't cry or whine for no reason, slept through the night regularly, and never had any major sick spells. Now, as they get older, DD (12) & DS (10) are a handful. DD gives attitude all the time and tries to test me at any given chance. DS is good for the most part but he has started to back talk a little to see what he can get away with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN